Sorry; I gotta blow off some steam.

This is a discussion on Sorry; I gotta blow off some steam. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First, let me start by saying that I love my fiancee. And I like most of her friends well enough. But this is getting old. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sorry; I gotta blow off some steam.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Sorry; I gotta blow off some steam.

First, let me start by saying that I love my fiancee. And I like most of her friends well enough.

But this is getting old. One of her friends is staying at our place for a couple weeks until she can find a place to live (her lease ran out as she was job hunting in a couple different cities, and she got the job here in Rock Hill). I didn't really mind when I learned this. Now... I'm almost ready to drown her.

She's crazy, makes everyone feel awkward. Not to mention the stuff she watches on tv. A lot of ABC Family (which I react violently to; almost as bad a country music), ABC shows... basically anything that is a soap opera that isn't one of the 'big ones'.

So, I get home from a long, hot, bad day at work, and all I have to look forward to is soap operas that center on high school. I get home and immediately want to leave again.

I don't have a motorcycle that I can go ride until I feel better (can't afford one yet), and I can't afford enough range time to vent enough. And, because I have split days off, I can't drink enough to not care about what's on tv (because I almost always have to work the next day).

Sorry. I hope I haven't offended anyone, and I hope that nobody hates me now. Just had to let that out before I exploded and said something unintentionally hurtful to my fiancee.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

If that's a big issue now you may want to just go ahead and RUN FOREST RUN!
    Marriage will be this entertaining by 100 fold. This is the novice level on the game of life.

Wait till you have toddlers of your own and Barney makes his destined appearance.
    BugDude likes this.

Your house, generous enough to provide free housing to a friend of the fiancee, such "guests" rank low on control of the tv.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

It is your home sack up and take the remote.
    Erick46590, joker1 and RemMod597 like this.

Yeah, man up and turn the channel. :)

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    If that's a big issue now you may want to just go ahead and RUN FOREST RUN!
    Marriage will be this entertaining by 100 fold. This is the novice level on the game of life.

Wait till you have toddlers of your own and Barney makes his destined appearance.
    My fiancee and myself get on just fine, the two of us. There aren't any issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Your house, generous enough to provide free housing to a friend of the fiancee, such "guests" rank low on control of the tv.
    I am, unfortunately, too nice a person to come home, and take over the tv in the middle of a show they're watching.

...I really need to fix that.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

They? Express your concerns privately to your so then take control.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    They? Express your concerns privately to your so then take control.
    She knows I hate it, and quite often she'll try to give me control, but, she does it in that way that women have that make you feel guilty for doing it.

Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission good luck
    RemMod597 likes this.

What if the TV somehow started mysteriously skipping the soap opera channels?

Or, what if the remote was lost forever, and the tube was stuck on ESPN?

pssst; girlfriend; it's time to move out
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have a friend that had his TV mysteriously changing channels in the middle of his shows. Turns out that there was "someone" outside with a matching remote that just wanted to screw with him. You just need a clear shot through a window to the TV and it works great.

We don't have cable or satellite- everything is through my XBox, Netflix or HULU.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    We don't have cable or satellite- everything is through my XBox, Netflix or HULU.
    Wired or wireless? If it's wireless the internet could cut out, and then you could "fix it" and watch your shows.

Well my house my rules... you just tell her (Friend) that she can watch whatever she wants til you get home from your long hard job and then you are gonna relax with YOUR TV.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sounds like an early recipe for a failed marriage. Fiancee needs to put you FIRST! I agree with the RFR (run Forrest Run) suggestion. You'll be miserable wondering why you married a woman who prioritzes making her friend happy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links