Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

This is a discussion on Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by jwhite75 Be careful who you tell, they may tell somebody you wouldnt.... +1....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Be careful who you tell, they may tell somebody you wouldnt....
    +1.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd take a page out of the childhood playbook. Sister tells everyone I've packing, I tell everyone she has cooties. ( or some adult version of that )
    Bark'n and Lewis128 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

+1 to Riana. I don't offer to hug but if I have to I use a "sideways hug". Turn my weak side towards them, reach around their back with my weak arm, and clamp my strong arm against my side/weapon so they can't get their arms around my waist. I'm big (6'4", 225 lbs) so most folks, particular women, hug me just a little above my waist but can't reach around to my strong side so this works for me.

VIP Member
    All this could have been avoided with a high five instead of a hug!!!

Seriously though,
    You do have to get creative when you interact with other people who don't shrae your vision, or would be suprised that you are carrying at that particular time.

As Thumper says, Don't ask, don't tell.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Yes I'm packing,Its loaded with silver bullets,I also heve a wooden stake in a holder on my belt,if the lid on that coffin opens
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool

Go shopping with your girlfriend for a quality IWB holster and gunbelt so she has a decent fitting carry rig.

AIWB carry which is what I prefer allows a "church hug" that means no lower frontal body contact and thus no handgun contact.

A hug with your weak side arm only will allow your strong side to be slightly turned away from the one being hugged and keep them from contacting your carry rig.

If you are on very friendly terms with the one doing the hugging then they probably know you carry already and it makes no difference.
    Last edited by Old School; June 11th, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Well, you have little control over what other people are going to do with the information once the genie's out of the bottle.

However, your g/f should have warned her sister of consequences at the same time she informed her it was her gun. Then, if she blabbed to everyone, I'd have no compunction in taking SIXTO's advice in Post #17.

You live, you learn... I'm keeping Sixto's idea in the back of my mind for future reference, if I'm ever in a similar situation. So far, I've never been found out I was packing.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

It is tough when carrying and having to deal with huggers. And you can expect many at a funeral. I agree with the other couple of posters that you need to have a technique so that you protect said weapon with your arm, causing them to go high with their arms.

As for myself, if I see a woman is about to hug me then I quickly reach out with both hands and grab their boobs. This usually averts them from hugging. Although shocked they never know that I'm carrying. I usually then say that my wife told me that they had implants and I was just curious if implants made their boobs feel different.
    "An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
    Anon.

Sister - "Oh, what's that?"
    GF - "A medical device."
    Sister - "What kind of medical device?"
    GF - "It's personal, and I wish not to discuss it. Thank you for understanding."
    Sister - "What do you mean personal? What is it?"
    GF - "OK, if you insist. It's an automatic timed release intravenous antibiotic pump to treat my highly contagious inflamatory herpes simplex 47. I hope you didn't get it from hugging me."
    Lewis128 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Be careful who you tell, they may tell somebody you wouldnt....
    When two people know a secret, it's no longer a secret.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    A hug with your weak side arm only will allow your strong side to be slightly turned away from the one being hugged and keep them from contacting your carry rig.
    Performed something akin to this earlier this morning with the soon to be mother in law. (this was about 3 1/2 hours before I read this post.)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    I've mentioned b4...practice your carry such that you pre-empt things like a hug--you keep your elbows close in to your waist on your gun side and this forces the other person to hug higher on your body...if your gonna carry in public there is a lot of thinking ahead before you wear it outside your home. i am not refering to jsst the shooting part either.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    It's that dang colostomy bag, but don't worry, it's only half full of it. Did you get some on you?

I hug with my strong arm low, weak arm high, and guide their arms to miss roscoe.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Great recommendations guys. I never thought about hugging techniques but it is something to be aware of the next time I go out.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZippr View Post
    As for myself, if I see a woman is about to hug me then I quickly reach out with both hands and grab their boobs. This usually averts them from hugging. Although shocked they never know that I'm carrying. I usually then say that my wife told me that they had implants and I was just curious if implants made their boobs feel different.
    How do you explain the black eye and swollen testicles to your wife?
    Bark'n and Old School like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links