Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral. - Page 3

Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

This is a discussion on Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Set the near-side elbow on or as-near -as-able-on the handle. You're blocking the hugger's arm from touching the weapon. This is from Massad Ayoob or ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

VIP Member
    Set the near-side elbow on or as-near -as-able-on the handle. You're blocking the hugger's arm from touching the weapon. This is from Massad Ayoob or our own Kathy Jackson - as I read it.
    The universe is in order.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Pistology---that and a great deal more is from anyone who has taken the time to think about what happens in the course of our daily travels and how to position yourself such that you do not have 'discoveries' or 'clunks' when you go through a tight door way or sit on a wooden bench ( like many restaurants have). these arn't secrets hidden in books or taught at training centers. they are free to all who take the time to observe and think ahead.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    All very good points & advice, some funny and some practical.

Thanks for the advice and reference Pistology.

As well as being armed with "knowledge", we should also have situational awareness in the sense; I am carrying a gun and I need to be aware of how doing so will have varying consequences per se. Not the consequences from using a gun, although there are consequences, but the impact in how we adapt accordingly. You might want to sit on a bench, for example, in such a way that your gun is going to clank when you sit down.

Thanks for the great input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    See, sometimes it is easier when everyone knows. If it were me, absolutely no one would be surprised.

Still not cool of the sister to run her mouth though.
    Yeah, everyone in my family knows I'm a gun nut and I have my CWFL except for like distant cousins that I haven't ever met. Then again, I have accidentally let it slip to some people (not family) that I wish I hadn't. My liberal neighbor for one.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    Pistology---that and a great deal more is from anyone who has taken the time to think about what happens in the course of our daily travels and how to position yourself such that you do not have 'discoveries' or 'clunks' when you go through a tight door way or sit on a wooden bench ( like many restaurants have). these arn't secrets hidden in books or taught at training centers. they are free to all who take the time to observe and think ahead.
    Of course, on a forum involving safety in critical situations, common sense and wisdom bear repeating, though I don't consider what's in books to be "hidden". I want to share and learn proven tips and techniques. Attributions of top people in the field should carry some weight in due consideration on the internet.

That said, you point about the role of observation and critical thinking and playing different scenarios before the fact is most excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Thanks for the advice and reference Pistology.
    Happy to share, DefConGun. Please See this (with photo), from Massad Ayoob's The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry

And at, PAX's (aka Kathy Jackon) site, she says this about church carry, and relates this about a personal, first-hand hugging incident, and formalizes the point and technique, here.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Of course, on a forum involving safety in critical situations, common sense and wisdom bear repeating, though I don't consider what's in books to be "hidden". I want to share and learn proven tips and techniques. Attributions of top people in the field should carry some weight in due consideration on the internet.

That said, you point about the role of observation and critical thinking and playing different scenarios before the fact is most excellent.

Happy to share, DefConGun. Please See this (with photo), from Massad Ayoob's The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry

And at, PAX's (aka Kathy Jackon) site, she says this about church carry, and relates this about a personal, first-hand hugging incident, and formalizes the point and technique, here.
    Thanks Pistology, I'll be sure to share this with my g/f as well.

Hugging is one thing I've always had trouble with. At 6'4", it's awkward to guide most people to go high on EITHER side. lol
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltz View Post
    Hugging is one thing I've always had trouble with. At 6'4", it's awkward to guide most people to go high on EITHER side. lol
    Appendix carry works really well in "hugging" situations.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Her sister hugs her and feels a lump of cold hard steel. She asks her what it is, so my g/f tells her its her gun.
    Best response I've heard of "It's my colostomy bag".

My biggest concern isn't really the hug, it's printing if my shirt is too closely tucked when I lean in for hugs. So far, so good, but I'm careful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links