Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

This is a discussion on Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My girlfriend's uncle passed away a few days ago. She goes to the funeral today and is carried conceal, wearing a pant-suit. She's wearing a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Sister blabs & tells everyone you're packin' @ funeral.

My girlfriend's uncle passed away a few days ago. She goes to the funeral today and is carried conceal, wearing a pant-suit.

She's wearing a UBG OWB with Crossbreed gun belt. She doesn't have an IWB right now, the Crossbreed she has is not a good fit for her. She's still looking for an IWB that appropriately fits her.

Her sister hugs her and feels a lump of cold hard steel. She asks her what it is, so my g/f tells her its her gun. My g/f's sister goes and blabs it all over the place, telling everyone about it.

NOT COOL.

There wasn't in incident or anything like that so that is good news. Her other sister didn't understand why she thought she would need to bring a gun to XXXX, KY, as if bad stuff doesn't happen in this part of the world.

Not sure what I would've done if this had happened to me. I don't think I would lie about it if asked but at the same time, I wouldn't have liked it at all if someone went around broadcasting my carried conceal status.

DCG

2. Remove Ads

the woman is a twit, not too much you can do about it
    jwhite75 and RemMod597 like this.

Distinguished Member
    That is not cool. If you need an explaination, girls talk. And talk and talk. I've been amazed at what most (not all) girls routinely tell boyfriends, other girls, husbands, etc.

My first line of advice to my husband should he find himself cammo-less one day is to realize this and never tell a girl (or do) anything he does not want her friends to know. Second is of course to get an adorable chick-magnet puppy.

Sorry you had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    My girlfriend's uncle passed away a few days ago. She goes to the funeral today and is carried conceal, wearing a pant-suit.

She's wearing a UBG OWB with Crossbreed gun belt. She doesn't have an IWB right now, the Crossbreed she has is not a good fit for her. She's still looking for an IWB that appropriately fits her.

Her sister hugs her and feels a lump of cold hard steel. She asks her what it is, so my g/f tells her its her gun. My g/f's sister goes and blabs it all over the place, telling everyone about it.

NOT COOL.

There wasn't in incident or anything like that so that is good news. Her other sister didn't understand why she thought she would need to bring a gun to XXXX, KY, as if bad stuff doesn't happen in this part of the world.

Not sure what I would've done if this had happened to me. I don't think I would lie about it if asked but at the same time, I wouldn't have liked it at all if someone went around broadcasting my carried conceal status.

DCG
    If asked, simply make a 'scared' face and say, "Oh, guns are very dangerous." (They are very dangerous, right?)
    As far as your sister...she is what she is...pay no mind.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

so my g/f tells her its her gun.
    Maybe suggest to your gal that if the question arises again she tell the one asking that it's her insulin pump, cell phone, Leatherman - pick one, or create your own.
    BugDude likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Or, do what I did when one of my fiancee's friends first saw my .357 laying on the coffee table while I was cleaning it after the range:

"OH MY GOD, IS THAT A GUN??!!"

"No, it's a potato peeler."

"......."

"......"
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Amazing how we've become desensitized to things like abortion, assisted suicide, children out of wedlock and legalized drug use, but A GUN freaks people out?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Amazing how we've become desensitized to things like abortion, assisted suicide, children out of wedlock and legalized drug use, but A GUN freaks people out?
    I know...what a crazy world.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Or, do what I did when one of my fiancee's friends first saw my .357 laying on the coffee table while I was cleaning it after the range:

"OH MY GOD, IS THAT A GUN??!!"

"No, it's a potato peeler."

"......."

"......"
    That is beautiful!

I would also suggest to your girl that she learn how to hug properly while CC. My mom spent 2 weeks visiting, and not until the last day (when I was OC, heading to work after the airport) did she realize I'd been carrying the entire time. There were lots of hugs (and shopping trips, touristy stuff, etc.) and she never realized.

Another case where forgiveness is better than permission - she would have been annoyed if she'd known beforehand (what can I say - she's a Californian)

See, sometimes it is easier when everyone knows. If it were me, absolutely no one would be surprised.

Still not cool of the sister to run her mouth though.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yeah try keeping it quiet with a 3 year old that's way smarter than he should be. For example approaching the bag check at Disney and hearing "daddy does he have to check your gun too?" Now that's awkward LOL.

LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING
    Riana likes this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Telephone, telegraph, tell a woman...

But seriously, I'm guessing the sister has never been exposed to the CHP issue. Combine that with the emotional and social atmosphere of a funeral, and anything is possible.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    See, sometimes it is easier when everyone knows. If it were me, absolutely no one would be surprised.

Still not cool of the sister to run her mouth though.
    I think that is part of the problem. People are so shocked when they see someone carrying because it is something new and different to them. How will they ever feel comfortable if we don't demonstrate sensible carry to our friends and family?

I'm not advocating telling the BGs that you carry but I do not see anything wrong with informing family and friends. We should be good role models of responsible carry to those we know and love. How else will they become desensitized?

Be careful who you tell, they may tell somebody you wouldnt....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links