Knock on my door at 5:18 am Tuesday.

This is a discussion on Knock on my door at 5:18 am Tuesday. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oak Ridge man beaten, robbed at his home - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger He had a lump on his head the size ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Knock on my door at 5:18 am Tuesday.

Knock on my door at 5:18 am Tuesday.

Oak Ridge man beaten, robbed at his home - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger

He had a lump on his head the size of a lemon, and he had a few feet of duck tape still stuck to one of his arms.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Dang thats crazy. Good thing they did not come to your house instead of his.

Heck with the phone, with a firearm she would have had ample opportunity to permanently put his lights out...helping herself and the rest of society.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    Dang thats crazy. Good thing they did not come to your house instead of his.
    I had been lazy lately, not getting my 870 out of lockup at night, just putting whatever I had been carrying that day on my bedside table. Not any more
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Hope they catch the turd's
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

I visited Mr. Gresham today. He is doing pretty good considering, and I am taking him to the LGS tomorrow after I get home from work.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    I had been lazy lately, not getting my 870 out of lockup at night, just putting whatever I had been carrying that day on my bedside table. Not any more
    Me too,gonna pull out the Mossberg 930 outta the gun safe and make sure the AR Eotech batteries are good to go
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just got back from the gun store with Mr. Gresham. He found a nice LCR, he was wanting a shotgun, double barrel, but there were none in stock. He was adamant that he needed to leave the store with something.

It has been a week since the assault and he is still having trouble moving around very much. He kept thanking me for taking him, said he would be able to sleep better tonight.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Good of you to take him! Did he get the chance to shoot it while you were out?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

now get him some good self defense ammo some white box and educate him on it's use while expending said ammo at a range or in a field

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    now get him some good self defense ammo some white box and educate him on it's use while expending said ammo at a range or in a field
    He already has practice ammo, one reason why he was interested in a .38, and he got a box of Hornady defensive ammo. He also had a carry permit when he lived in Florida a fews years back. I'm not sure why he hadn't got a TN permit yet.

I am going to offer to take him to the range for some practice. Since he is just interested in home defense, wouldn't a good distance be 10-12 feet?
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    He already has practice ammo, one reason why he was interested in a .38, and he got a box of Hornady defensive ammo. He also had a carry permit when he lived in Florida a fews years back. I'm not sure why he hadn't got a TN permit yet.

I am going to offer to take him to the range for some practice. Since he is just interested in home defense, wouldn't a good distance be 10-12 feet?

I do most of my practice at 10 yards. That covers most scenarios that I can envision. If I can hit it at thirty feet, I can hit it if it gets closer.
    BugDude and RevolvingMag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I do most of my practice at 10 yards. That covers most scenarios that I can envision. If I can hit it at thirty feet, I can hit it if it gets closer.
    Last time I practiced I did about 10-12 yards with a half-size target, so effectively 20-25 yards. I'd say 10 yards with a full-size target is quite good though. Think of how many places in your home you'd actually have to make a shot past 30 feet. Once you get indoors it's a lot harder to make a 30 foot straight line than one would think.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Last time I practiced I did about 10-12 yards with a half-size target, so effectively 20-25 yards. I'd say 10 yards with a full-size target is quite good though. Think of how many places in your home you'd actually have to make a shot past 30 feet. Once you get indoors it's a lot harder to make a 30 foot straight line than one would think.
    I'm not sure my apartment even measures 30' by 30'. Outdoors presents a different scenario. An attacker can cover thirty feet pretty quickly.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Bubbie, you should post this over on TGO also. OhShoot was asking about you the other day, so was Mike.357.

So he is your neighbor and came to your door for help? I'm surprised you even answered the door for him honestly but if you recognized his voice then it makes sense. I'm glad he was ok but I can't believe he doesn't own a single gun if he had a CCW permit at one point. That's odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links