10 Rules to Date My Daughter

This is a discussion on 10 Rules to Date My Daughter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by my2cents Thank you! I have a 7 year old that already looks 10. I will frame this and post it outside our ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rules to Date My Daughter

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    Thank you! I have a 7 year old that already looks 10. I will frame this and post it outside our front door.
    The guy who originally sent this to me is a retired 05 SpecOps. His daughter is only about 7 and he's already had the "RULES" blown up to about TEN FEET LONG and screwed into the wall on a billboard inside his front door. Imagine how intimidating a green beanie can be then imagine that the older son is a west point grad and airborne type who promises to take leave to screen the first date. Anybody ever see BAD BOYS II? Remember when Will Smith and Martin Lawrence screen the new date at the front door?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229
    <-- No daughters, BTW...but am training two boys at this time to be respectful and polite
    .....same here!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak
    Yeah mine just turned 12.....
    I have been working on my "death mask" stare.....
    I think answering the door with a big ole' gat strapped to your waist might be enough!

In fact, if I had a daughter, I'd order a duel shoulder harness and make sure I had 2 big ole 45s hanging from it in the open when her date showed up to get her!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

tec
    I have a 7 year old daughter who is my princess, I am printing this now and will use in the future. We already had one kid at a home school event make kissy lips to her, surprisingly, he had an accident and fell down as he and I got close to each other.

By the way, the wife and I told her that she is allowed to date after she gets married to the the nice man that her mother and I pick for her.

I am going to print It out to give to my neices parents. Shes 11 going on 20.
    P.S. any one know where I can get a good chasity belt.

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    I think answering the door with a big ole' gat strapped to your waist might be enough!

In fact, if I had a daughter, I'd order a duel shoulder harness and make sure I had 2 big ole 45s hanging from it in the open when her date showed up to get her!
    My dad, who somehow survived having four daughters, used to sit in the living room with his many handguns scattered about him, s-l-o-w-l-y cleaning the one with the longest barrel when our dates showed up. He wouldn't say a word . . . just a stony stare over the barrel of the gun. Worked every time.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Thank goodness I have a son!!!!!!!!!! I just hope he isn't like me.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

my step daughter is 12. IF any boys show up, they will have to pass through the front room where the empty brass, cleaning kits, and targets are kept.

another rule/FACT will be explained to them.

"you WILL return her unopened, or you WILL become an organ donor whether you want to or not."

What a bunch of BS

It's all talk. I remember when I was younger and had my girlfriends father pull that same crap on me.
    Now understand I was of the nicer boys who really was interested in the person not just the "T" and "A". Though at dinner one time he choose to go on about how he could hit targets from 100 yards away with his pistol, to which I replied: "I bet my rifle shoots from farther."

Threats like that made me more confident it was just a big fat bluff...because I know that if he came after me like that...he would have more to loose than I (Jail time etc).

I don't buy that crap now nor did I buy it then. It didn't scare me one bit. It just made me resent her father more! I rather choose to get to seriously know the boyfriend of my daughter and then make my assumptions about who and what he is. Of course the pants around the ankles and the slang punk talk will not fly with me. Though I have trust in my daughter to pick a decent guy.

???

Quote Originally Posted by tec
    By the way, the wife and I told her that she is allowed to date after she gets married to the the nice man that her mother and I pick for her.
    Appended as follows:
    As long as the rottweiler is sitting between them on their date

Red face Yeah right...

Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock
    It's all talk. I remember when I was younger and had my girlfriends father pull that same crap on me.
    Now understand I was of the nicer boys who really was interested in the person not just the "T" and "A". Though at dinner one time he choose to go on about how he could hit targets from 100 yards away with his pistol, to which I replied: "I bet my rifle shoots from farther."

Threats like that made me more confident it was just a big fat bluff...because I know that if he came after me like that...he would have more to loose than I (Jail time etc).

I don't buy that crap now nor did I buy it then. It didn't scare me one bit. It just made me resent her father more! I rather choose to get to seriously know the boyfriend of my daughter and then make my assumptions about who and what he is. Of course the pants around the ankles and the slang punk talk will not fly with me. Though I have trust in my daughter to pick a decent guy.
    Yeah, I ran into a few folks like that. The ones without the experience or the savvy to know that I'd be willing to risk jail or death if my daughter were ever drugged, forced or tricked into sex. The rules were for the horny ones to know we took it seriously. But the reality is as you said, WE trusted her to make a good choice. If she voluntarily agreed to sex it really was her failure. But if there was alcohol involved and I heard about it later there would have been real trouble. But having said that, I NEVER ever liked a single one of her high school boyfriend's until she brought home the guy she said she wanted to marry. HIM I liked...right off.

As for risking jail...well...one time things got serious. My little girl was stalked by a felon. A convicted armed robber that saw her at school (he was on the grounds against the orders of his probation officer visiting members of his "crew.") So he spots her and tries to chat her up and she ignores him. This inflames him and the HUNT is on.

It got bad. I spoke to his PO. I spoke to the police. He was appearing everywhere she went. For a looooong time, she just stayed with us (a fate worse than death to a teenager with lots of friends) when we went out to dinner, 'cause she knew I was armed and she knew I didn't worry about facing the punk myself.

But I was really worried about her when she was at school. So I called my best friend, at that time he was still on active duty as a Special Forces "operator" with his own "A" Team. He knew I was frantic.

He says to me: I could take block leave with my boys and come home (he and I grew up together) to take care of the situation? I asked him to clarify to make sure I was hearing what I THOUGHT I was hearing!

He did and he was saying THAT. He said 24 hours to confirm the target and they'd be back at Devins (the 10th Group was there then) with nobody the wiser. He said there were old hands in his team who'd do it for the PRACTICE!

See, GO GLOCK, never under estimate a frantic daddy. I had professional, experienced killers lined up around the block. Once my other friends in the military found out, I had SEALs...a few from Force Recon all madly waving their hands...ME! ME! Pick ME!

This was a punk. A criminal. But make no mistake if my little girl had been drugged into sex or tricked...I don't give a flip if it was the mayor's son...those same pros would have been on the scent. I would have slept easily, too. Trust me I'd be able to account for my movements with witnesses 100% of the time. And the Everglades really is a vast area.

I made one final attempt. I got one of his boys to show him a pic of my buddy and some of his guys next to a successful ambush they'd led in Gulf War #1. I told him to tell that punk he was the next target. It worked. He went away. My buddy deployed to Germany for an exercise and he said the offer was ALWAYS valid. He's retired now. It's still valid. In fact all those SEALs and other SpecOps types with whom I'd built friendships over the years...they ALL have said their offer is still valid if I should ever need them....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by .45forme
    P.S. any one know where I can get a good chasity belt.
    Watch out for the "dorky" looking kid........ You know, the one with the lock picks!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock

Welcome to the forum.

The backporch section is reserved for humor. Please don't take this stuff so seriously.

The first time I met my high school girlfriend's Dad, he pulled out a lever action Marlin. I looked at him and said, "Nice .30-30." He just laughed and ejected the shell out. The .30-30 turned out to be a .45-70 round which to my 16year old eyes looked to be about equilivent to a .50 caliber round. I eventually wound up using that rifle to kill my first deer a couple of years later.

BTW EX great post as usual.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

As a dad of a 26 year old, I'm rolling on the floor! Too perfect!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links