10 Rules to Date My Daughter

This is a discussion on 10 Rules to Date My Daughter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier ROFLMAO! You owe me a new keyboard, I just snorted my soda all over it thru my nose! Yah, I remember ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Rules to Date My Daughter

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    ROFLMAO! You owe me a new keyboard, I just snorted my soda all over it thru my nose!

Yah, I remember throwing a young guy out of the house once when he reminded me too much of.....ME at that age.
    Sorry bout that Ex!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Had a friend, of no small stature, who would meet the potential date out in the diveway. He'd show off the old Camero hot rod he was building, get the young man all relaxed and thinking he must be a pretty cool old guy. Then he'd put a fatherly arm across said young mans shoulders and say "You know, when it comes to protecting my daughter. I guess I really wouldn't mind going back to prison. Where did you say you were taking her?" Coming from a guy with his looks it did seem to leave an impression.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    Yeah, I ran into a few folks like that. The ones without the experience or the savvy to know that I'd be willing to risk jail or death if my daughter were ever drugged, forced or tricked into sex. The rules were for the horny ones to know we took it seriously. But the reality is as you said, WE trusted her to make a good choice. If she voluntarily agreed to sex it really was her failure. But if there was alcohol involved and I heard about it later there would have been real trouble. But having said that, I NEVER ever liked a single one of her high school boyfriend's until she brought home the guy she said she wanted to marry. HIM I liked...right off.

As for risking jail...well...one time things got serious. My little girl was stalked by a felon. A convicted armed robber that saw her at school (he was on the grounds against the orders of his probation officer visiting members of his "crew.") So he spots her and tries to chat her up and she ignores him. This inflames him and the HUNT is on.

It got bad. I spoke to his PO. I spoke to the police. He was appearing everywhere she went. For a looooong time, she just stayed with us (a fate worse than death to a teenager with lots of friends) when we went out to dinner, 'cause she knew I was armed and she knew I didn't worry about facing the punk myself.

But I was really worried about her when she was at school. So I called my best friend, at that time he was still on active duty as a Special Forces "operator" with his own "A" Team. He knew I was frantic.

He says to me: I could take block leave with my boys and come home (he and I grew up together) to take care of the situation? I asked him to clarify to make sure I was hearing what I THOUGHT I was hearing!

He did and he was saying THAT. He said 24 hours to confirm the target and they'd be back at Devins (the 10th Group was there then) with nobody the wiser. He said there were old hands in his team who'd do it for the PRACTICE!

See, GO GLOCK, never under estimate a frantic daddy. I had professional, experienced killers lined up around the block. Once my other friends in the military found out, I had SEALs...a few from Force Recon all madly waving their hands...ME! ME! Pick ME!

This was a punk. A criminal. But make no mistake if my little girl had been drugged into sex or tricked...I don't give a flip if it was the mayor's son...those same pros would have been on the scent. I would have slept easily, too. Trust me I'd be able to account for my movements with witnesses 100% of the time. And the Everglades really is a vast area.

I made one final attempt. I got one of his boys to show him a pic of my buddy and some of his guys next to a successful ambush they'd led in Gulf War #1. I told him to tell that punk he was the next target. It worked. He went away. My buddy deployed to Germany for an exercise and he said the offer was ALWAYS valid. He's retired now. It's still valid. In fact all those SEALs and other SpecOps types with whom I'd built friendships over the years...they ALL have said their offer is still valid if I should ever need them....

Yeah, Point taken. That sounded like a scary and particular situation when compared to the general "punks" that usually come by. I also agree about the whole alcohol/ drugs argument. I TRY to evaluate each guy seperatly...lucky that number has been very small, but that scenerio is not far from mind.

Thanks for the story

I have 4 daughters... 18, 14, 13, and 11.

Since I do most of my shooting on the weekend, I'm often found cleaning a weapon or two on Friday and Saturday evenings. If the kid asks about the guns, I generally invite him to go shooting with me. I could use a target holder...

Had one pull up and honk once... I looked over at my daugher and said 'Next...'
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links