New Anti Gun Spokesman....

New Anti Gun Spokesman....

This is a discussion on New Anti Gun Spokesman.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Burress looks for redemption through awareness, mentorship - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Anti Gun Spokesman....

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Unfortunatlely, the lesson he learned (or at least communicating) is don't own guns. His message should be treat guns responsibly and obey the safety rules so this doesn't happen to you.

Summary: "I am an idiot so no one should own guns."

Guns are bad, that is the message? Here are 3 things that are bad.
    1) Carrying a illegal gun
    2) Carrying a illegal gun without a holster
    3) Carrying a illegal gun without a holster into a 51% bar

He had his day in court and the chips fell where they fell.

Yahoo is spinning this speech of course
    From EPSPN
    Ex-New York Giant Plaxico Burress joins anti-violence programs - ESPN New York
    "If you're going to carry a weapon, make sure you've done everything properly, that you're obeying all the laws or the rules of that state, and you know fully how to operate the weapon if you choose to carry one,"
    He mostly talks about keeping guns from children. What does that have to do with anything??? I don't know. I suppose its self-promotion so he can play football again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Unfortunatlely, the lesson he learned (or at least communicating) is don't own guns. His message should be treat guns responsibly and obey the safety rules so this doesn't happen to you.
    Well, given that Burris is a convicted felon - I hope he learned the "I cannot own guns" line. While his actions in NY that landed him in the pokey were foolish, I suspect he is smart enough to have learned that he does want to go back to prision.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    "See how that accident just happened? It happened! Kids, this could happen to you. It could happen to you, and you could be BLOWN AWAY."
    Erick46590 likes this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

What the hell is it with athletes and crap like this? Some things never change. Remember all the trouble Dick Butkus, Rosie Grier, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Lynn Swann and company used to get into with their guns and......oh, wait a minute.
    JoJoGunn and Stubborn like this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    "I no longer own a firearm in my home, and I don't carry one," Burress said. "With that, not owning one and not carrying one, I know I put myself in a better position in life and with safety and with the people in the community."
    "In a better position in life"? How is that better? Other than one less idiot owning/being allowed to own a gun of any kind. I suppose it also puts him in a better position to be a target.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Why does anyone even watch these so called pampered athletes play anyway. In my opinion, football is a Pansy game. If you want to see tough athletes who are pro 2nd Amend, go watch a 165 lb cowboy climb on and ride a 1500 lb bull that is hell bent on stomping in into the ground. At least when they are interviewed they can articulate a sentence.
    msgt/ret and ksholder like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    What the hell is it with athletes and crap like this? Some things never change. Remember all the trouble Dick Butkus, Rosie Grier, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Lynn Swann and company used to get into with their guns and......oh, wait a minute.
    You got that right! Those were QUALITY individuals, "real people" instead of the bunch of "gangstas" we have out there today.
    I remember hearing that part of Burris's "punishment" from the NFL was to make public service announcements...Could this be the stance the NFL has taken on the gun issue?????? I hope not...I would hate to have to boycott pro football!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member
    Yeah, and Vick has turned into an animal lover. The sad thing is that people believe this line of bs.
    Old School and Erick46590 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Why does anyone even watch these so called pampered athletes play anyway. In my opinion, football is a Pansy game. If you want to see tough athletes who are pro 2nd Amend, go watch a 165 lb cowboy climb on and ride a 1500 lb bull that is hell bent on stomping in into the ground. At least when they are interviewed they can articulate a sentence.
    Now that right there is a great comment. Gotta love that.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member
    "I no longer own a firearm in my home, and I don't carry one," Burress said. "With that, not owning one and not carrying one, I know I put myself in a better position in life and with safety and with the people in the community." [...]
    Well of course not, your a convicted felon, you couldn't own or possess one if you wanted to. The man was an idiot before this all happened, what makes anyone think he would change? Remember, you can't fix stupid!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Guns are bad, that is the message? Here are 3 things that are bad.
    1) Carrying a illegal gun
    2) Carrying a illegal gun without a holster
    3) Carrying a illegal gun without a holster into a 51% bar

He had his day in court and the chips fell where they fell.

Yahoo is spinning this speech of course
    From EPSPN
    Ex-New York Giant Plaxico Burress joins anti-violence programs - ESPN New York

He mostly talks about keeping guns from children. What does that have to do with anything??? I don't know. I suppose its self-promotion so he can play football again.
    you're from FLA, what in fla is a 51% bar? afaik there is no such provision in fla law, the place is either a bar or it isn't

Since I can't post the vid here, may I suggest googling "Plaxico Burress on Gun Safety". It's good for a laugh at least. Who is going to take him seriously? The blind leading the blind.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links