Fun With Thread Titles

This is a discussion on Fun With Thread Titles within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I realize that threat titles are short blurbs that get the reader to open the thread and, hopefully, in some way relate to the topic ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By limatunes

Thread: Fun With Thread Titles

VIP Member

Fun With Thread Titles

I realize that threat titles are short blurbs that get the reader to open the thread and, hopefully, in some way relate to the topic of the thread. I have noticed that for several threads I have had a response to the title before even opening the thread. That response is not the response the thread is looking for, but it is what pops to mind prior to even opening the thread.

The most recent such thread for me was:

"What is Wrong with Michigan?" - my initial response was "Detroit".

The OP was looking for guidance on CC in MI, so Detroit was not the answer, but it is what came to mind. I am curious what other thread titles have elicited an initial response from you that, while not the anwer to the thread's topic, fits, is funny, or otherwise worthy of posting.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Oh goodness.. this happens to me all the time...lol. And it obviously happens to others all the time as well as I'll often see posts in the thread that obviously refer to the title but have absolutely NOTHING to do with the original post and it always makes me laugh.

There was the thread titled recently "Wanna buy a camcorder?" I just clicked on it because I was going answer "no" and report it as spam. Turned out it was not a spammer, but a legitimate thread.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    There was the thread titled recently "Wanna buy a camcorder?" I just clicked on it because I was going answer "no" and report it as spam. Turned out it was not a spammer, but a legitimate thread.
    That's a legitimate thread? Thanks for the heads up.
    The thread title made me NOT click on it.

I opened a thread recently expecting the OP to have been shot at, when in reality he had some ricocheting bullets whiz by him. My response was more of a let down, as I expected a good self defense story from the thread title.

VIP Member
    Handgun for a grizzly? - I dunno, they have pretty big paws.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "Help with sheds" I opened it expecting it to be about shed antlers...oops
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    "Just a funny"..........opened it thinking it was a funny gun story.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

It might just be me,but some titles I see my first thought I can't print on here because they have these things called demerit points and I'm not wanting to see how many points some 4 letter words can get me before I get banned from posting without having a responsible adult in the room with me
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"how long does ammo last????" - "until you pull the trigger"
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Fun With Thread Titles
    I nearly didn't open this "just another dumb" forum game.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

"Another Bad Example"... I called my brother to see what he was doing now.

and...

"Ok fellows....Let's See Your Colt Pythons"
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    "Teen Branded Felon For Life...." Now there's a capital idea!

VIP Member
    "Choice Of Firearm For Wife " - It might be worth the trade.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    It would be nice to have the expectation that the thread title in some way conveyed the content of the original post there. It is, however, painfully obvious that waaaay too many people simply haven't figured that out yet.

Before I open some posts, I'm usually thinking "what the heck does that mean?", only to be disappointed that I even clicked there. Such is life on the internets.

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links