Is Anyone Else Getting Sick of the Movies Coming Out of Hollywood this Year?

This is a discussion on Is Anyone Else Getting Sick of the Movies Coming Out of Hollywood this Year? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by babyhulk Don't get me started with 3-D; it was a fad in the 50's when it came out and also briefly in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is Anyone Else Getting Sick of the Movies Coming Out of Hollywood this Year?

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
    Don't get me started with 3-D; it was a fad in the 50's when it came out and also briefly in the 80's, and I can't stand it. I hope it fades.
    Dracula 3D is filming right now Babyhulk. It will be the very first 3D Vampire movie! Are you going to miss something like that??

This year we have all the following 3D movies being released in the coming months: Conan the Barbarian, Spy Kids 4, The Three Musketeers, Happy Feet 2, Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.

Alas, all of those are sequels and remakes too!!

How many Three Musketeer movies have been made??

2. Remove Ads

I'm tired of the "agenda" movies , hidden agendas but just watch the story... e.g. Avatar , that have been coming out.

I don't need to see Hollywood's opinion and agenda, especially their anti-gun one , in the movies. "See, that's what happen when people carry guns" . Oh give me a break.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I think its same everywhere. I don;t remember the last movie I enjoyed, either Hollywood or Bollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My wife is wary of watching anything with guns in it with me. The most recent comment I made was on the size of an explosion from a "bazooka" in a show we were watching. It was absurd and totally overdone. Those are shaped charges, the explosion shouldn't be the size of a football field and 3 stories high. Guns in movies invariably get a comment from me.
    My wife is actually coming around. At the end of "Taken" (which might be the best action movie I've seen in years), when Liam Neeson kicks in the door and points the captured gun at the BG, she asked me "Is that a Kahr?" It wasn't - I think it was a Taurus - but I was impressed she actually thought about what it might be.

That is still my favorite movie ending in recent memory. "We can negoti..." I've been wanting to see "Unknown" but with a 14-month-old I am very cautious as to what I watch on TV, and we don't go to movies much at all (he'd never stay still for an entire movie). TV is pretty much limited to sports, the news, History and Discovery channels, "Raising Hope" and "Top Gear" (the British version).

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    My wife is actually coming around. At the end of "Taken" (which might be the best action movie I've seen in years), when Liam Neeson kicks in the door and points the captured gun at the BG, she asked me "Is that a Kahr?" It wasn't - I think it was a Taurus - but I was impressed she actually thought about what it might be.

Taken was a very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend it to anyone who missed it. A truly great action pic. Liam Neeson is 59 years old now, but he still look so good that he is still pulling off portraying an action hero. In fact, it was such a surprise hit, that there have been reports that studio executives were trying to find a way to make a sequel.

He used a variety of handguns during that movie. And he really did a gratuitous amount of killing in it.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Taken was a very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend it to anyone who missed it.
    I loved Taken. Excellent movie. Bought it the day it hit the shelves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links