Falling Skies - Who Watched It? - Page 2

Falling Skies - Who Watched It?

This is a discussion on Falling Skies - Who Watched It? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK what channel is it on,I usually watch the reality tv shows like The next 48 ,deadliest catch etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Falling Skies - Who Watched It?

OK what channel is it on,I usually watch the reality tv shows like The next 48 ,deadliest catch etc
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It has a lot of potential. I like the actors in it. Character development will be key. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    OK what channel is it on,I usually watch the reality tv shows like The next 48 ,deadliest catch etc
    Oddly enough, TNT.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Moderator
    I watched it. It was entertaining. The only thing that bugs me about the whole show is the sparking bullets. Everytime a bullet hits something like a "skidder" it sparks.
    I think that they are overdoing that. Yeah, I know it looks cool, but really? And those guys cant shoot for squat. Big targets like that and they are all over the place. I mean, come on... how long could you last in a fight when you had to use a whole mag and most of it didnt hit the target?

Those collars that the prisoners were wearing...that was original. Hadn't see that before.

All in all...not bad. It has potential.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Do those "things" the aliens put on prisoners backs remind anyone else of "Tinglers" (showing my age).
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    I always had a thing for beautiful, nude, blue eyed, blonde, bushy eyebrowed females covered in ashes in close proximity with fantasy infant flying reptiles.

Possibly it's just an idiosyncratic quirk of mine.

I watched it and think it is just so so.
    I will watch it again and I do think it will get better!
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I was pleasantly surprised with the show actually. Have always been a Noah Wylie fan, so had high hopes and wasn't disappointed. Read this morning that it's the highest rated cable debut for the year having brought in 5.9 million viewers.

It's all right. I will continue to watch it.

OD*
    I thought it was pretty good.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Give it time guys. A new show always starts out kinda weak, but once more or better sponsors jump on board the story will take off and effects will get much better. Think back how shows like Stargate began and then look at episodes starting in season 2. Actors need to sync with each other, story needs time to flesh out, etc. The preview for the next episode looked promising.

Of course Stargate Universe also looked promising and I never could get into it. What I wouldn't give to have BattleStar Gallactica back....that show could've lasted years.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

I LOVE sci-fi in general, but was disappointed. I watched the whole two hours and I kept waiting for it to get better.

I did like a lot of the realism in that they were banded together as loose groups, searching out food and weaponry. But they were doing things like camping out in the open! My goodness, any alien that has enough technology to reach Earth is surely gonna have all kinds of night vision and infra-red and God only knows what other kinds of detection methods. Camping in the open would invite immediate destruction.

Plus, the two-legged 'mechs' were shining headlights! LOL! Gimme a break. I guarantee any advanced invaders will not need lights to see. And I gotta believe those 'mechs' would be able to acquire a target and vaporize it MUCH faster than any human.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best, but it seems kinda corny so far. Perhaps it will get better. If it doesn't improve, I'm sure it will be a short-lived series.

Just my $.02
    Sky Pilot and JDE101 like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I believe this is set in the People's Republik of Massachusets.
    Does Mass. not have restrictive gun control?
    I'm not sure a citizen resistance could muster the kind of firepower they were using, nor could they afford to dump ammo in the volumes they were using!
    I'm a published author; I write fiction; the best fiction is built on a foundation of fact. Given that alien invasion is a flight of fancy, the weapon-response is something in which we can be factual.
    I did see two things I like really, really well:
    First, Noah Wylie, as a professor stepping up as a warrior.
    Second, the most effective means of stopping a Skitter was to step up behind, put a shotgun to the back of their head, boom.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Administrator
    I was hand polishing a set of new ivory Six-Shooter grips while I was watching it so I was multi-tasking and being productive.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enk5 View Post
    I liked it and thought it was pretty good. I am just getting burned out on the whole alien takeover theme.
    Me too. It has become sort of like Star Trek now. We got so overloaded with Star Trek for so many years, that finally people just simply had enough of it.

After the original series we got Star Trek Next Generation, then Star Trek Deep Space Nine, then Star Trek Voyager, and then Star Trek Enterprise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links