I did not draw my gun or shoot anyone today.

This is a discussion on I did not draw my gun or shoot anyone today. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was involved in a minor traffic accident today and contrary to the dire predications by the brady bunch, chucky schemer, diane finestiene and others ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: I did not draw my gun or shoot anyone today.

VIP Member

I was involved in a minor traffic accident today and contrary to the dire predications by the brady bunch, chucky schemer, diane finestiene and others neither I nor the other driver lept out with guns blazing. Instead we asked each otherís condition and while I called 911 he called his mother (very young guy) and she and his sister showed up later again no confrontation just someone concerned for the condition of her son. When the traffic investigator showed up I gave her my D/L and CCW she said thanks and handed my CCW back. While we were filling put the paperwork his mother did leave but returned with a couple of much appreciated bottles of cold water. After the paperwork was finished we both went our separate ways. Such a boring day and I probably disappointed the gun grabbers.
    OD* and DamnitBob like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Msgt I bet you really disappointed them...maybe next time

"An armed society is a polite society" - Thomas Jefferson
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    those who cry the streets will run red are projecting their fears of how they think they would act upon all of us.

tell me again how it is they get elected?

gasmitty, many attribute that quote to R. A. Heinlein.
    i need to check on it....it came up as "beyond This Horizon" 1942.
    was it from much earlier by Jefferson also?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Thomas Jefferson
    Actually, the phrase is from "Beyond the Horizon," a novel by Robert A. Heinlein. It's not helpful to attribute quotes to Jefferson that he didn't say.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

You should have at LEAST deployed your CHP badge and sash.
    guardmt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    You should have at LEAST deployed your CHP badge and sash.
    +1

But really, sounds about like the one accident I've had while I've had my CWL. The cop showed up, I pulled him aside real quick and showed him my license. He asked where I was carrying, smiled and said "well as long as yours stays where it is, so does mine." Afterward we had a nice chat about how he likes citizens carrying, but doesn't really like the M&P I carry.

Just the way it should be.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I was involved in a minor traffic accident today and contrary to the dire predications by the brady bunch, chucky schemer, diane finestiene and others neither I nor the other driver lept out with guns blazing. Instead we asked each otherís condition and while I called 911 he called his mother (very young guy) and she and his sister showed up later again no confrontation just someone concerned for the condition of her son. When the traffic investigator showed up I gave her my D/L and CCW she said thanks and handed my CCW back. While we were filling put the paperwork his mother did leave but returned with a couple of much appreciated bottles of cold water. After the paperwork was finished we both went our separate ways. Such a boring day and I probably disappointed the gun grabbers.
    Msgt/ret,

I am so sorry for you! Apparently you bought one of those defective guns. Please turn it in immediately and get one that actually will shoot someone who has the audacity to collide with your vehicle. (sarcasm off)

Sounds like a good day...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    You did it all wrong... You were supposed to hit a little old lady (struggling, and using a walker) crossing the street to get food for her hundred cats, while you were barreling along at an outrageous 300 miles over the limit while drunk. Once you hit her you were supposed to jump out, gun(s) blazing, shooting anything/anyone within sight. Then run from the police.

THAT is how you do it.

But, seriously, I'm glad nobody was hurt and nothing really bad happened.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I have off days too,get a good nights sleep and a fresh outlook and shoot 2 people tomorrow to make up for slacking off today
    DaRedneck and claude clay like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have off days too,get a good nights sleep and a fresh outlook and shoot 2 people tomorrow to make up for slacking off today
    Bwahahahahaha!!!!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

I think we should ban cars... this is just one example of the tragedy inflicted by the motor vehicle industry... they should all be held accountable for the innocents that are injured and murdered by the intentional and accidental mayhem caused by these heinous things. A young man nearly died today, to say nothing of a retired serviceman... it could have been so tragic...

pause to wring hands

please sign up now to join me in ridding the country of these vile contraptions, fax your contributions to 18885555555, do it now, the sooner we can take action the better.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    .....so your gonna pass more laws and take away my gun rights what for something some Crip did last night in LA??

i aksk (sp) again---how dem getz elected; dey don't repzent me nohow, noway.

----------
    IbGruntled

Links