Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter

This is a discussion on Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MitchellCT What you see in court is theater - NOT substance. I have felt this way for years. Nice to hear a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    What you see in court is theater - NOT substance.
    I have felt this way for years. Nice to hear a barrister confirm it. :)

Oh, for the altruism of seeking justice in the court.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Court transcriptions tell you NOTHING.

The real details are in the scribbled handwriting on sticky pads in the file, and the poorly written shorthand on the file jacket.

What you see in court is theater - NOT substance.

Been their, done that, doing it on Friday again.
    I will never have access to private work product for this case, though. The best I can hope for is the evidence that was presented, so I would still like to see it. If the woman has a history of violently beating her children, for example, I expect it would have been presented and would definitely affect how we perceive the judge's statements.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Spank'em

Spank'em with love not out af anger then tell them you love them and explain why they recieved their spanking.

I love my kids and will do whatever is necessary to teach them right from wrong. It isn't always a spanking sometimes it just a brief talk depends on many things.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It's not all the judges fault. My question is how did it get to the judge in the first place? It probably passed through the hands of 3 or 4 bureaucrats before getting to a judge. The whole system is screwed up.
    Her Mom called CPS. The funny thing is the Judge scolded her prior to sentencing, saying "We have have been spanked growing up, but you don't do that these days. You don't spank kids. Do you understand?" and she responded with a yes. If I'd been there I would have been honest and said that I didn't understand him and that the system is railroading an honest parent.

I'll tell you that I earned every spanking I got, and I turned out pretty good. My kids get spanked when they mess up, but there is always a lesson that goes with it. If that makes me a criminal, then so be it; I won't change how I raise my kids.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Spanking? That's it? No belt??
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links