Need a little Help

This is a discussion on Need a little Help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a letter I have been mailing and walking door to door with around town. Now with a few modifications I will try and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spec

Thread: Need a little Help

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar

Need a little Help

This is a letter I have been mailing and walking door to door with around town. Now with a few modifications I will try and find some help here.

Attention Owner

Hello, this letter is not for a position of employment, rather it is an opportunity for you to help accomplish a goal of mine. My name is Spec and I’m looking for your sponsorship so that I can expand my competitive shooting goal. It also will allow for your business to be advertised for a low price.

My short-term goal is to be able to compete in many matches and then eventually compete at a state and then national level. With your support I can achieve these goals. As an Eagle Scout and long time Second Amendment supporter, I volunteer at Scout camp every year and take pride in teaching valuable firearm safety and marksmanship skills to the next generation.

As a full time student at the University of Detroit Mercy where I’m studying law, it has become difficult to pay for school and also fulfill a lifetime goal of competitive shooting.

As a competitive shooter who competes in a few different competitions a year, I’m looking for local business to cover entrée fees for these competitions.
    If you would like me to help you advertise your business, all you have to do is cover one, or as many as you would like entrée fees. For example one match costs thirty dollars. With that I can put your business logo/number/website on my jersey. This way hundreds of other shooters, and businesses see your advertisement.

For any questions or interest in getting involved please post message me. If you would like to see a brief video of me in action, Google search Seeking Sponsorship 3 Gun it is the second link on the page. Or visit YouTube - ‪40Spec's Channel‬‏. For more info on what competitions look like visit Michigan 3 Gun Combat

Thank you for your time. Please if you know any business owners or Second Amendment enthusiasts that will help me out, it will be appreciated.

On My Honor,
    Spec
    INccwchris likes this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

2. Remove Ads

Good luck! Small edit, they're "entry" fees, not "entree" (unless you're competing in France...).

You might also describe the potential audience(s) that would see the sponsorship logo, just to give the sponsor an idea of who his message might reach out to. Spin your pitch to show at least as much benefit for your sponsor as for you.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think you could do with a bit more editing, such as "Attention: Business Owner", "entry fees", etc. and also in the content of your letter. Do you really need to mention that you are not applying for a job? Also, tell them about the details of the sponsorship in the first paragraph and give your life history later. Ditch the sympathy plea and stick to a business proposition. Ask for references to other enthusiasts in a 'p.s.' after your signature.

It occurs to me that if you spend the $30 on an entry fee, how are you going to pay for the cost of adding a business logo to a jersey?

Links