My favorite chair.

This is a discussion on My favorite chair. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today was a tragic day at the INCCW household. My chair, my loyal, faithful, beloved chair collapsed today. 20 years of my life that chair ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By high pockets

Thread: My favorite chair.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

My favorite chair.

Today was a tragic day at the INCCW household. My chair, my loyal, faithful, beloved chair collapsed today. 20 years of my life that chair has been the only thing my bottem has known as home. She was an old chair been around for 40 years total,but still to me a beautiful chair. The leather was cracked and the stuffing hanging out, the back was nice and worn and the seat had my "ass groove" custom engraved into it over many years of football games, shooting matches, high school stress, breakups, SAR missions, working and playing. Many nights I would drag myself home and collapse in it. In the mornings I looked forward to sitting down in it to take my boots off and relaxing, having a nice cold glass of milk or water after the heat of the night. Playing video games, cleaning guns, working on my laptop, my chair held me through all of my sitting chores. Putting my feet up and leaning back to sleep a few nights when my AC in my room went out, falling asleep leaned back during the day for a nap, or just relaxing with my feet in the air and my head resting comfortably on the headrest. My old leather recliner is now sitting on the curb waiting to be picked up. I will miss my chair. Here is a picture of me sitting in my chair showing off my 642, so you too can see the chair I will be missing.Photo_00002.jpg We really don't realize how much of a part of our lives the favorite chair can be. I do now.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    this to shall pass. my wife will attest that i do not part easy from whats mine. and mine for l.o.n.g. times
    even bringing something----gasp, new home; i must let it acclimate to the house, its new room for week sometimes
    study and examine it, have a chat, let the dog get her sniffs in...bring it slowly into the fold.

sigh, new can be hard at times. but guns get shot fast as i can make bullets for em

----> my daughter approiated most of my 380's and the 642 ( no lock)
    so im making nice nice to my mauser 1914 or p32 and 332 an 351.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

yes, this is true for me also. Fortunatley the deal I got on the new chair makes up for it. Have a friend who bought a brand new chair, brought it home with a couch and ended up having no room for it 6 months ago. She is moving to florida and getting rid of all unneeded items. Sold me a brand new tan microfiber recliner, with a seat and back so comfy i hurt when i get out of it because of being so relaxed and comfy normal movement is a pain. Its more of a supportive chair too with rounded back support to really hug the curve of the back. hundred bucks, I hauled it away. its now in my living room with me sitting in it trying to establish a new "ass groove" Gotta love a good deal. Pics coming as soon as I can get up to get the camera. May be a while
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

its a simmons if anyone is wondering
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    gotta get into the grove.....errr, to rephrase that.
    is the 642 comfy with the new friend?

well, happy sittin to you.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

yes, everything is comfy with the new friend. My 642 snubbed his nose at the chair for a minute, but eventually warmed up. Thank you for the well wishes

VIP Member
    You made me laugh out loud on that one. Maybe the chair was trying to tell you something?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You made me laugh out loud on that one. Maybe the chair was trying to tell you something?
    They tend to do that....LMAO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

If the chair has given up, perhaps it is time consider Jenny Craig's weight loss program?
    INccwchris likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Had you not already gotten a new chair I was going to suggest a chair-and-a-half. I loved my recliner until it finally retired itself in much the same fashion. It was my dads recliner for most of my life and then mine for about 15 years. I found the chair and a half with ottoman as comfortable if not more than the recliner.

Great story! RIP INCCW chair!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

You should use your powers to put it back together.

Links