My night tonight.

My night tonight.

This is a discussion on My night tonight. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saturdays are my favorite day of work. I love the site I'm at and local police are extremely cooperative, even though they are not in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By INccwchris

Thread: My night tonight.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

My night tonight.

Saturdays are my favorite day of work. I love the site I'm at and local police are extremely cooperative, even though they are not in the county I have powers in. I had a few incidents tonight but the one that really floored me was this. I detained a drunk for being drunk and throwing a two liter through a window. He was cool with me, but when Greenwood Police showed up he became combative and it took me, another deputy, and a GPD officer to restrain him. His aunt and girlfriend saw the whole thing. After he was taken and GPD left, his aunt began having trouble breathing and exhibiting signs of panic attack. So now i switch gears from cop to medic and begin treatment for a panic attack. Medics arrive and treat her and she signs a waver to not be transported to the hospital. After all this and me taking her nephew to jail with the police's help she hugged me and told me she appreciated the way I handled her situation and that I was her guardian angel for the night. The suspects girlfriend thanked me for opening her eyes to the kind of man he was. I about cried when his aunt told me that, I gotta tell you guys, thats the best bonus, pay, or reward I have ever gotten for my job. I still am thinking about it and wanted to let you all know about the biggest thank you I have ever gotten.
    DamnitBob and joker1 like this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Good job, and glad that they appreciated your cool head and helpful attitude. It's good to see quality individuals wearing the uniform and helping the folks in need while protecting and defending the public at the same time.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Good Job!

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Nice work!
    Life is full of learning experiences, some are good, but others......it's not the destination, it's the trip...enjoy it!.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Way to go buddy! Always a great feeling to be given praise for just doing your job, especially when you least expect it.
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Nice job Chris!
    The things I remember most about working in uniform are the "thank you's" from people who appreciated the job done. They FAR outweigh the bad stuff.

Tracy
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I like to think the vast majority have nothing but the utmost respect for law enforcement. I know I do. Sounds like you ran across some of them, well, minus the drunk. Congrats and thanks for your service!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Well, go home and put your feet up in your favorite chair for a job well done. Oh wait... sorry.

ouch
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    may be one uniform you put on at the beginning of your shift, but its a lot of different hats you wear throughout the day.

----> is that ouch from perhaps sittin on your laurels?? in your new chair?
    sorry about that, chief.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

nah, willy burned me. Still sensitive about the loss of my chair.

It sounds like you're becoming a real people person. Surely a good asset in your line of work.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sponsored Links