i was involved in a car chase today....

This is a discussion on i was involved in a car chase today.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You did what you thought at the moment was needed for some sort of justice. You were in a big truck and did not follow ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: i was involved in a car chase today....

You did what you thought at the moment was needed for some sort of justice. You were in a big truck and did not follow at high speeds...no harm done.
    I guess I may have done the same thing.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I would not call his involvement a "high speed chase", rather moderate speed surveillance.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    After reading the OP's clarification post, I don't find any fault with his actions. His initial post read like he gave persuit at high speed, and with his family in the car, I did have issues with that.
    morintp likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I think you did well, sir. You were driving at a safe speed and a safe distance. You were a good witness. Well done. Thank you for not relying on Big Brother or someone else to try identifying the vehicle.

the only law i really broke was disturbing the peace with squealing my tires and pouring black smoke. there are no traffic cams down here on the road it happened and i did not really think of that anyway. if there were i probably still would have chased because i didnt think of it. i also have some defensive driving training from a private contracting group that works overseas. i am no pro but i really would not just call myself "some dude". i really think it was reasonable. and i dont watch movies.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Glad everything worked out ok, you called 911-perfect. No more high speed chases with the most important things in your world in your truck.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I think you did well, sir. You were driving at a safe speed and a safe distance. You were a good witness. Well done. Thank you for not relying on Big Brother or someone else to try identifying the vehicle.
    I agree with deadguy, Well Done.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    wow, some of you guys are harsh. At least someone in this country did the right thing for once. All too often we become sheep when something like this happens and just turn the other cheek. I witnessed a pretty bad wreck leaving class one day and hundreds of cars drove by without stopping to help the people involved. I was the only person to get out of my car and go administer aid.

I'm getting tired of the attitude in this country that for some reason no one should ever get involved.
    +1 The "Its not my problem" attitude irritates the hell out of me. He said he broke off when it became dangerous for his family. I say good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    i guess Blondie was in such a rush to get back to rehab she missed a couple of easy targets.
    I'm sure the judge will let her back out in plenty of time to complete her dastardly agenda
    your job rather starts and stops--literally, with the safety of your family,
    rather you let yourself get caught in the moment ( perhaps too much TV?) and got your priorities skewered

re-reading.....you rather found a (?) legit excuse to let the horses out, no?
    how are you critiquing yourself now?

maybe, but after thinking this over again if i had been in my civic i still would have went after the mustang. i can't watch while a person gets ran over and the driver takes off.

to everyone else what if it was one of your family members who got ran over? would you tell someone not to chase after the mustang? i think not. i may have been caught up in the moment for sure but i think i took appropriate actions even with my family in the truck.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    His maximum speed of 45mph was well below that normally encountered in pursuit accidents, by the pursuing vehicle. That and not busting reds and other unsafe actions, not mentioned, so I presume did not happen, it appears his safety cushion was adequate. Without being there, it seems reasonable to me.
    Amen to that. The OP was being a responsible citizen (i.e., "good witness)" and kept the safety of his own family paramount. Following a likely felon at a reasonable distance and having the co-pilot call the gendarmes sounds like a reasonable and controlled response.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Down here that is called exhibition of acceleration and it is a simple traffic violation but in your case I see no problem with burning some rubber. You got up to a whopping 45 mph and was just trying to help. I got t-boned by a lady one time and it totaled my truck yet her car was able to run still and she fled and was never heard from again. I wish someone like you had been there for me to get her plates. Responding officers told me with out her plates they'd probably never catch her and they were right.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    nick--come on guy, after your clarification i did #13....

why did you ding me on #4?

After the update, I do have to admit that it does sound much safer than I when I first read it.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

nick--come on guy, after your clarification i did #13....

why did you ding me on #4?
    i wasn't trying to ding you, honest i actually liked your post and it made me think, would i have done different after i had time to think about it. i was really responding to the bold part. i should have deleted the rest. i saw your other post but just wanted to let everyone know after time to think about it i would not have done different

thank you for some clarification.

to get a license number is like......why? with all the traffic cams she had lots of pictures taken.
    getting involved is something more people should do--with a plan.
    sounds like you had a plan and a co-piolet....along with a this stops here passenger.
    for sure alls well yet the what ifs you got t-boned ( right; 7 airbags)

----> this forum thing of getting a thought or story across is not easy, nor is it forgiving.
    how about a sig like:

i can not say all i have to say, all at once, on the first post, all the time so that it makes sense to everyone without leaving anything out and keeping it short enough so it can be read in one breath.

and i really like this. i might actually change my sig

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links