i was involved in a car chase today.... - Page 3

i was involved in a car chase today....

This is a discussion on i was involved in a car chase today.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How does one get "run over" by a mustang and then just get up and walk around? Did this mustang have a lift kit?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: i was involved in a car chase today....

How does one get "run over" by a mustang and then just get up and walk around? Did this mustang have a lift kit?

I probably would have chased the suspect until it became too dangerous,If possible would have tried to pursue in a way that they wouldn't know,sounds like driver was either drunk or high and possible stolen car,One of the main things you have to worry about in pursuing a vehicle is that even tho you may not be driving at high speeds if the other car crashes into another vehicle and seriously injures or kills somebody their lawyer will try to make it look like the accident was caused by you chasing the other vehicle.I hate Drunk/Impaired drivers,If I had it my way any alcohol in your system would count as driving impaired that way the old BS excuse I only had a couple would be a mute point
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by kcgix View Post
    How does one get "run over" by a mustang and then just get up and walk around? Did this mustang have a lift kit?
    Maybe it wasn't "run over" so much as it was hit. From his point of view, she may have been hit and knocked down and it looked like she was "run over." Then again, with the number of rednecks in Jacksonville, NC it could very well have been a mustang with a lift kit (j/k).

OP, I have done a similar thing but it was when a drunk ran me off the road. I didn't have my family with me, but I wasn't going to let that crap fly. You did what you thought was right at the time and you kept your family safe living out your principles. No judgment here.

It sounds the the OP did a pretty good job. Sure a high speed chase with your family in the car is nuts, but that isn't what happened. The OP was merely being a responsible citizen. Good job!

As a father myself I am sure that no matter what happened to anyone you would not endanger your own. As such I find it admirable that there are people out there that are willing to help others in what capacity they can. Glad it all ended well. Hope that most of us would be willing to do the same.

I don't know, unless we were there, my cousin was run over by a tractor my uncle was driving...... we thought he was dead, but it was soft dirt and it pushed him down but came out unhurt. Weird things do happen.

A man followed a car when he saw them running out of a store , guns in hand, that they just robbed. At some point the robbers caught on to being followed, turned their car around ...... and shot / killed the driver who was following them.

Me, I'm most likely to tell my family to "jump out" at the scene to help the victim, as I give pursuit to get a license tag #. Actually have been there, done that.... but I was the one who stayed to help the victim while my friend gave pursuit. It worked out and the LEO's caught the hit-n-run driver.... who had done it "intentionally".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

the mustang did not have a lift and when i say "run over" i saw the girl get hit and go to the pavement and the car do a little "hop" like it ran over her, and speed off. i don't actually know if the tires went over her body or not but from my perspective it looked as though they did.

i should be able to find out later what happened to the mustang.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I probably would have been most focused on getting the plate number, but it sounds like you did the right thing.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Well done OP! I've called 911 after seeing fender benders run for it, and countless drunk or impaired drivers I've seen generating sparks on the center barrier on the freeway, etc. I typically follow them at a careful distance until I'm confidant that the police have a good idea of the direction and speed, make and model and plates, then let it go. I have no issues following, but I don't chase at speed in any scenario, which was my knee jerk response to your first post of stomping on it to follow; your clarification was very valuable indicating your speeds stayed comfortably in check.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I wasn't there but being in a similar situation, even trained to drive emergency vehicles and doing so regularly, "chasing" someone is a lot different than driving. Adrenaline is pumping and you are prone to make dangerous decisions in an attempt to "catch" the vehicle. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Being a Paramedic I would definitely have stopped. Little Miss will have to take that purty car somewhere to get fixed and the cops know that. They'll get her sooner or later. Causing her to run from you could have caused a lot more problems, for her, others and even possibly yourself. It only takes an average lawyer to gig you for contributory negligence in the death of a third party.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

all good points......
    i know a lawyer could have got me in trouble by chasing after her if she had hit someone else and caused more damage, but i could not let her get away while an innocent person was hit with a car.

Good news she was caught and arrested and right now i am hearing that she was texting while driving, ran over the curb, girl and hit the car and sped off because she was scared. i will hear more later. justice has been served.
    I can't believe the texting while driving story yet. this is coming to me third party from my wifes friend.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Good job on not being afraid to get involved. I have to admit, I thought you were insane when I read your OP. After the clarification post, I see that you did everything possible to be safe with your family in the car.

I am also tired of the "I don't want to get involved" attitude that seems to have taken over society. The safety of my family is paramount and once I know they are safe, I hope I would not hesitate to get involved like you did.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    After reading the OP's clarification post, I don't find any fault with his actions. His initial post read like he gave persuit at high speed, and with his family in the car, I did have issues with that.
    That's because from the way it's written, it reads like a high-speed pursuit IMO. A modded 500 BHP truck with black smoke pouring out of it pursuing after a Mustang speeding away doesn't sound like a 45 MPH surveillance ride. Not trying to rag on the OP, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I wasn't there but being in a similar situation, even trained to drive emergency vehicles and doing so regularly, "chasing" someone is a lot different than driving. Adrenaline is pumping and you are prone to make dangerous decisions in an attempt to "catch" the vehicle. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Being a Paramedic I would definitely have stopped. Little Miss will have to take that purty car somewhere to get fixed and the cops know that. They'll get her sooner or later. Causing her to run from you could have caused a lot more problems, for her, others and even possibly yourself. It only takes an average lawyer to gig you for contributory negligence in the death of a third party.
    THIS^^^^

Given the circumstance, its very likely this woman was going to crash on her own without any assistance from anyone else. All she needs is you appearing to come after her to say that you are the reason she crashed. I know it sounds crazy and that's because it is but at the same time our society is crazy. I'm not saying to not ever get involved and help your neighbor but at the same time, I hate seeing good guys trying to do the right thing get hosed by an inadequate system.

I'm glad that EVERYONE is okay. Thanks for having good intentions and I'm glad it worked out for you and it didn't come back to bite you for trying to do the right thing.

Take care,
    DCG

well the girl was distracted, lost control of the car and ran because she was scared. she is being charged with a whole plethra of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    So you engaged in a high speed pursuit with a seven month old in the car? I have nothing positive to say to you right now. Your judgment is ridiculous and I am scared to know you walk around with a firearm.
    Interesting comment from someone w/ a tag line that reads - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links