i was involved in a car chase today....

This is a discussion on i was involved in a car chase today.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by hayzor Interesting comment from someone w/ a tag line that reads - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: i was involved in a car chase today....

Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    Interesting comment from someone w/ a tag line that reads - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    You never know how you will respond in an emergency situation until one faces you. Most people do nothing except freeze in their tracks. Kudos to the OP, he didn't break any laws. Falls into the good samaritan category for me, and I probably would've done the same thing.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    wow, some of you guys are harsh. At least someone in this country did the right thing for once. All too often we become sheep when something like this happens and just turn the other cheek. I witnessed a pretty bad wreck leaving class one day and hundreds of cars drove by without stopping to help the people involved. I was the only person to get out of my car and go administer aid.

I'm getting tired of the attitude in this country that for some reason no one should ever get involved.
    I have an issue that he did this with his family in the truck with him. For all he knew, the mustang driver could have been armed.
    I file this one under reckless endangerment. The smart decision in all of this was to break off pursuit.

On a side note, the original post was beginning to read like an adventure story about a guy who needed an excuse to burn rubber. Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Interesting comment from someone w/ a tag line that reads - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    Does not mean that common sense and safety of family should be tossed out the window.

Nick: You did good. Some of your detracters here must be legends in their own mind or off their meds.

Welcome to the forum, bigdad.
    Glad to have you here.

Your child does not have a choice when you take reckless action. There are so many things that could have gone wrong it is not even funny. OP is lucky that he didn't hit someone or she didn't hit someone else running from him. Most departments won't even engage in pursuits anymore and the ones that do invest in hours of training for their officers to do so. Good men do not put their 7 month old children in harms way, justify it however you want.
    RemMod597 and DefConGun like this.

again i dont feel as though i was putting my family at harm in any way. thats why the pursuit stopped when it did. and im sure you would want someone to pursue the person the just ran over your wife, daughter, niece or whatever, if you could not. i know i would.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Distinguished Member
    I dunno. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. Lots of Monday morning quarterbacks. If that was my daughter laying on the sidewalk I would have been grateful for all those that came to her aid and for Nick making an attempt to keep the felon in sight.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links