i was involved in a car chase today....

This is a discussion on i was involved in a car chase today.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i spent the last week up in PA with my parents. i drove back to NC today, i left early this morning. it's an 8 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: i was involved in a car chase today....

i spent the last week up in PA with my parents. i drove back to NC today, i left early this morning. it's an 8 hour ride. no traffic the entire way. i had my wife and 7 month old daughter and my German shepherd with me. we made it 1 mile from our house when all the sudden a late 90s red mustang jumps over a grassy area in front of a auto detailing business, the mustang runs over a young girl late teens early 20s, then hits a nissan titan PU truck who was getting a detail done and speeds off thru traffic.

i was in my 06 ram PU truck diesel. the truck puts out about 500HP with the mods i had done to it. in a split sec i had to determine weather to help the young girl who got ran over or take chase. i decided on the chase because i saw at least 4 people running to the aid of the girl. at this point the truck was stopped in the road.

i through the car in reverse and turned it around. when i stomped the skinny pedal black smoke from the tires and exhaust poured into the street. i took off like it was a drag racing through down town. the mustang got a good head start and i tried to catch up. by this point i had already told the wife to get on the cell and call 911.

when she got thru to the operator others had already called for the girl who got ran over. my wife told the operator we were riding after the mustang, she gave a description of the car and driver, and the cardinal direction and what road we were driving down. The driver was a young looking white female with blonde hair.

meanwhile i am trying to catch up, the truck was pouring smoke thru the street. the mustang was driving on the wrong side of the road, weaving in and out traffic and the situation was getting dangerous for other drivers. she knew i was after her. the chase at this point went about 1 mile. just when i determined it was getting too dangerous to continue the chase a cop car with its lights flashing took over.

the car stayed out of range for reading a plate. so i never got it. when i slowed down and the cop drove past he was about a 1/2 mile behind the mustang. there were a lot of roads that the mustang could have gone down in order to lose the cops. the mustang was pretty smashed up on the left fender and left side of the hood.

everyone in my truck was fine including my 7 month old. if it had only been me, i might have chased a little further but it was just too much for me with the whole family in the truck.

i drove back to the crime scene where the girl who had been ran over was already walking around! there was an ambulance and police officers on scene. only about 10 minutes had gone by from the time it all started. i got out of the truck and found out that the girl was only bruised badly (amazing). i found out that the police were still in pursuit of the mustang and had not caught her yet. i waited to give a statement and than i drove home about a mile in the opposite direction the chase went.

and now i am writing to tell everyone the story. i will find out tomorrow if the mustang was caught. my wife is friends with a local cop she went to college with. i will repost with any updates.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Interesting, keep us informed.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

So you engaged in a high speed pursuit with a seven month old in the car? I have nothing positive to say to you right now. Your judgment is ridiculous and I am scared to know you walk around with a firearm.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i guess Blondie was in such a rush to get back to rehab she missed a couple of easy targets.
    I'm sure the judge will let her back out in plenty of time to complete her dastardly agenda
    your job rather starts and stops--literally, with the safety of your family,
    rather you let yourself get caught in the moment ( perhaps too much TV?) and got your priorities skewered

re-reading.....you rather found a (?) legit excuse to let the horses out, no?
    how are you critiquing yourself now?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I hope they catch her before she finally does kill someone.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Good job. The key in pursuits is maintaining contact, or better, while still providing a cushion of safety for yourself and others.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

What town/city was this in?

Gecko45 is that you!? This really doesn't sound right to me. I would think your wife would be just a little upset that you engaged in a high speed pursuit with her 7 month old in the truck. My wife hates it if I am going 10 over the speed limit with the dogs in the backseat! If this is true, please re-evaluate your priorities!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    wow, some of you guys are harsh. At least someone in this country did the right thing for once. All too often we become sheep when something like this happens and just turn the other cheek. I witnessed a pretty bad wreck leaving class one day and hundreds of cars drove by without stopping to help the people involved. I was the only person to get out of my car and go administer aid.

I'm getting tired of the attitude in this country that for some reason no one should ever get involved.

I hope the girl that was ran over comes out of this OK. I am glad that you didn't kill anyone or that the person you were chasing didn't kill anyone while you were chasing them.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

my truck did not go past 45 mph. its when i take off it gets up to speed quick. and the safety of my family was my first priority. you were not there so do not judge. all i saw was a young girl get ran over and the car take off. i cant sit and watch and know i could have gone after her. the objective was to get a plate number and to call the police so they could take over. we did not get the plates but the police did take over thanks to my wifes 911 call. i would never jepordize my daughters safety thats why when the mustang started to go in opposite lanes and weave in and out of traffic i was calling it quits. the cops just happen to take over seconds after that.
    this was jacksonville NC
    Martini13 likes this.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

I'm not saying don't get involved, but take a look and see how many police chases end very badly for people not even involved in the original incident, and those are officers trained in high speed chasing, not some untrained dude, however well intended, tearing through town with his family in the truck!! What if he caused an accident himself? I don't think the people he hit would just let him off the hook because he was chasing a bad guy/girl! Get involved, help where you can? Absolutely! But how helpful to his family would he be if he ended up incarcerated for vehicular manslaughter or something like that?
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    thank you for some clarification.

to get a license number is like......why? with all the traffic cams she had lots of pictures taken.
    getting involved is something more people should do--with a plan.
    sounds like you had a plan and a co-piolet....along with a this stops here passenger.
    for sure alls well yet the what ifs you got t-boned ( right; 7 airbags)

----> this forum thing of getting a thought or story across is not easy, nor is it forgiving.
    how about a sig like:

i can not say all i have to say, all at once, on the first post, all the time so that it makes sense to everyone without leaving anything out and keeping it short enough so it can be read in one breath.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

His maximum speed of 45mph was well below that normally encountered in pursuit accidents, by the pursuing vehicle. That and not busting reds and other unsafe actions, not mentioned, so I presume did not happen, it appears his safety cushion was adequate. Without being there, it seems reasonable to me.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

After reading the clarification post I retract some, maybe most of my prior comments. Still not sure it was a good idea, but you are right, I was not there. Your initial post did sound like you went screaming through town after the Mustang, clearly that was not the case. Sorry if I came off sounding a little too harsh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links