Zombie Apocalypse Warning In St. John's.

This is a discussion on Zombie Apocalypse Warning In St. John's. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Commuters in the St. John's area who might have been expecting a heads-up about construction delays were instead warned about something else: zombies. "Zombie invasion! ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse Warning In St. John's.

VIP Member

Unhappy Zombie Apocalypse Warning In St. John's.

Commuters in the St. John's area who might have been expecting a heads-up about construction delays were instead warned about something else: zombies.

"Zombie invasion! Run!" said one of the messages that appeared on an electronic traffic sign positioned near Windsor Lake, one of the main water supplies in St. John's.

The sign, which had been expected to advise motorists of construction that started Monday on Portugal Cove Road, had been programmed with other messages, including "Expect apocalyptic doom!"

A final message said, "Rule #2: Double tap!", a line from the 2009 Woody Harrelson comedy Zombieland.

City crews later arrived to turn off the sign, and then carted it away.

Click on the link below and watch the slide show of different messages.............

Zombie apocalypse warning in St. John's - Nfld. & Labrador - CBC News
    INccwchris likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

These road signs generally have a code-lock feature that prevents the message from being adjusted, however crews are notorious for not changing those from the default, leaving them open for anyone who knows it to mess with them. There have been dozens of cases of this occurring. I find it particularly amusing, both for the messages themselves and because people need to learn to secure things that should be secured.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Well, it's good to be well informed! I'll bet they wouldn't be that efficient if it was for real.
    oneshot likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That was amusing. Got a good chuckle.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Something tells me the little hacker after changing the message probably changed the default code so they couldn't change it back
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Somebody did the same thing the other day in northrn KY, apparently these signs are easy to hack.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links