Somebody in Seattle Needs More Training

This is a discussion on Somebody in Seattle Needs More Training within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; More proof that anybody can have a bad day. Fortunately, nobody got hurt. Seattle police leave rifle unattended on cruiser Seattle police leave rifle unattended ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Somebody in Seattle Needs More Training

VIP Member

Somebody in Seattle Needs More Training

More proof that anybody can have a bad day. Fortunately, nobody got hurt.

Seattle police leave rifle unattended on cruiser

Seattle police leave rifle unattended on cruiser - Yahoo! News

Attentive citizens called this one in.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don’t you just love how reporters write things up? Since it was an LEO incident it is reported as just a rifle, had it been one of us the article would have read “Irresponsible gun owner leaves lethal, high-powered automatic assault rifle laying on car trunk where a child would have access”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Training? Someone just needs to not be an idiot.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I like the Fark.com headline.

"Only the military and law enforcement should have "assault weapons" because they're the only ones professional enough to handle them and wouldn't do something stupid, like leave one unattended on the trunk of a patrol car".

They even put quotations around "assault weapons", haha. Usually the submitters are clueless, but I like this guy.

For anyone who doesn't know about Fark, they post up all the headlines with links to news articles that they can find - to typically make fun of them with their own attempted humorous headlines.

I've heard that statement before. I'm the only person in this classroom qualified to handle this Glock! Bang, shot himself in the leg.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Don’t you just love how reporters write things up? Since it was an LEO incident it is reported as just a rifle, had it been one of us the article would have read “Irresponsible gun owner leaves lethal, high-powered automatic assault rifle laying on car trunk where a child would have access”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post

"Only the military and law enforcement should have "assault weapons" because they're the only ones professional enough to handle them and wouldn't do something stupid, like leave one unattended on the trunk of a patrol car".

They even put quotations around "assault weapons", haha. Usually the submitters are clueless, but I like this guy.

For anyone who doesn't know about Fark, they post up all the headlines with links to news articles that they can find - to typically make fun of them with their own attempted humorous headlines.
    The dichotomy between fact & fiction make my head spin!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The news clip I saw used the phrase "high-powered rifle" at least three times.

And, as an added chuckle bonus, "clip" instead of magazine.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

ooops, where did my rifle go???

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post

I used to love Fark.com. That place can make me laugh quick. I got away from them during the last election for reasons that are obvious.

Whitcomb says such rifles are assigned only to officers who have additional training.

Has or needs?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The gun was left on the trunk as part of a sting operation,undercover Officers were positioned to pounce on anybody attempting to steal the weapon,this is what proactive police work is all about.
    Sounds much better than "somebody screwed up"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hey, it could happen to anybody. Just yesterday my 4 year old left his hat on the back bumper of my truck. I found it after I got to work. Luckily no one was harmed by the hat flying off and obstructing someone's windshield!

Wait, I guess this isn't the same thing. I mean, that heavy rifle would have landed safety in the street. My bad.

But seriously, everybody has the potential (if not already a member) to screw up and make a stupid mistake. This LEO just has more answers to provide. My wife crawled my butt yesterday, and rightly so, because I left our gun box open after I removed my sidearm. Her's was still in there, and said 4 year old occasionally climbs up the dresser to see what's up there. Stupid stupid mistake that I don't even remember. I have a specific protocol to follow when I go in the gun box, and something must have interrupted the process. Thank God nothing happened but it could have been tragic.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links