A man's nightmare made real

This is a discussion on A man's nightmare made real within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Part 1: A man's nightmare made real - latimes.com Part 2: A man's nightmare made real: In assault case, the puzzle pieces don't fit - ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: A man's nightmare made real

Part 1: A man's nightmare made real - latimes.com

Part 2: A man's nightmare made real: In assault case, the puzzle pieces don't fit - latimes.com

Accused of raping and torturing his ex-girlfriend, his son's mother. Taken away from his son. If you guys have a few minutes to read I highly suggest it. This reads like a movie script.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Some women are that way. Thankfully, Gonzales was able to prove his innocence. The system clearly has a double standard or West would be in jail.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

that is a long story but it is very interesting and that really would be the worst nightmare that could happen sitting there fearing that you may be in jail for the rest of you life for something that you know you didn't do, luckliy he had the evidence and i dont know if it is just the news writing this is biased or if the ex girlfriend was really that shady and trying to hide all kinds of different things. i dont know how you would be able to live with yourself knowing that you sent someone to jail for a long time even if you hate that person i dont think i could live with myself

mkh
    Man, that was just crazy. I'm glad he got things straightened out.

At one point in the story he makes a comment about asking himself what might have happened had he decided to eat lunch somewhere else, where he wouldn't have been caught on the security cameras and people might not have remembered him. He was very lucky for the sheer number of people who remembered him and cameras that caught him on video. It could easily have gone differently if he went to some fast food joint that pushes customers through the line as fast as possible and doesn't remember any of them.

In the end, he says now he pays with a card wherever possible and keeps every receipt so he has a detailed paper trail of where he went and when.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    What a story...a nightmare of a story, indeed.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Somebody like most of the people on here that don't have the financial resources,or stand out like a guy in a tailored suit would be royally screwed,Like the detective said the extent she went to trying to make her side seem believable is crazy
    Bark'n likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Moral... Don't get involved with psychotic people. No matter how cute they are.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Moral... Don't get involved with psychotic people. No matter how cute they are.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Exactly! Good example Bubbiesdad.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Wow, just wow. Incredible that she has not been charged with a crime and lost total custody of the child.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Links