Remember in Office Space when they thought they'd get conjugal visits...

This is a discussion on Remember in Office Space when they thought they'd get conjugal visits... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently this happens in NY. State Corrections Department explores conjugal visit rules for gay married inmates - NYPOST.com Let's not let the conversation derail into ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By paaiyan
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Remember in Office Space when they thought they'd get conjugal visits...

Apparently this happens in NY.

State Corrections Department explores conjugal visit rules for gay married inmates - NYPOST.com

Let's not let the conversation derail into a discussion of gay rights, this is just the article that opened my eyes to the practice. Apparently in at least some NY prisons, legally married persons meeting certain conditions are allowed 48-hour "family reunion" visits in a kitchen-equipped "residential unit." Again I must state, prisons are way, way too lax on prisoners in my opinion.

"What are you in for?"

"Embezzlement."

"That sucks."

"Nah. Cable TV, gym, 3 hot meals, a library, free education, free medical care, heating and air, free room and board. Conjugal visits with my wife..."
    joker1 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This whole thing is going to take our Country in directions some have never thought about. Just saying.........
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

"DON'T ASK, DON'T CELL!"
    Katana likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It is either that or a bunch of even more worked up prisoners who will be even more prone to riot and do violent things against wardens.

VIP Member
    The prison system really needs to go back to chain gangs and making little rocks from big ones, why should prisoners be treated better than people who are struggling just to make an honest living.
    ksholder likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    why should prisoners be treated better than people who are struggling just to make an honest living.
    Because its not their fault, they were spanked and not hugged as kids.

OK, I can't take it anymore, it is killing me. I 100% agree with your initial statement and I'll add that we should send them to Sheriff Joe and send the bill to their families.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Cable TV, gym, 3 hot meals, a library, free education, free medical care, heating and air, free room and board. Conjugal visits with my wife..."
    Not here it isn't. Barely any heat, no air conditioning, no cable, no conjugal visits, not 3 HOT meals, charge for medical care, etc. Maybe it's just a NY thing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Not to sound like a broken record, as I've posted on this issue before, I think there is a lot of misperception
    and misinformation about what prison is actually like.

I did some work at a Texas prison "Tennessee Colony" and 3 hours was enough. I don't think the inmates were enjoying their time in there. I know I wasn't, and I knew I could leave any time.

I didn't say prison was a dream. I just think that there are too many amenities. Prison may suck, but I think it should suck even more.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Not to sound like a broken record, as I've posted on this issue before, I think there is a lot of misperception
    and misinformation about what prison is actually like.

I did some work at a Texas prison "Tennessee Colony" and 3 hours was enough. I don't think the inmates were enjoying their time in there. I know I wasn't, and I knew I could leave any time.
    Welcome back!!!
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I didn't say prison was a dream. I just think that there are too many amenities. Prison may suck, but I think it should suck even more.
    I guess that should depend on the crime, the individual behavior while in custody and many other factors. As I said, 3 hours was enough.

I can agree with that. White-collar criminals don't necessarily need the most hardcore of punishments; they just need to be taken out of the system for a while and given a record to make things harder on them. Violent criminals though. If I had my way they'd feel lucky to get 3 cold meals a day.
    My blog

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I know in VA, state inmates have it pretty good, at least they did in the early 90's. I worked in a "field unit" for a while and had my training at a traditional prison. They even get liberal use of a telephone to make outside calls!

Jails are a different story. The one right down the street from me, balogna sandwiches and water are the norm, they even regularly serve only two meals a day! And they have no AC. Sucks for the COs though.

But I firmly agree incarceration facilities should be as unpleasant as possible. Make getting out and holding down a job seem like a veritable vacation by comparison. But we can't be "mean" like that.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links