Saudi Arabia Announces Intention to Build Nuclear Weapons

This is a discussion on Saudi Arabia Announces Intention to Build Nuclear Weapons within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How many years do you think until WW III, if the Middle East goes Nuclear ? See this news report from Saudi Arabia: Riyadh will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Saudi Arabia Announces Intention to Build Nuclear Weapons

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

How many years do you think until WW III, if the Middle East goes Nuclear ?

See this news report from Saudi Arabia:

Riyadh will build nuclear weapons if Iran gets them, Saudi prince warns | World news | The Guardian

Thats a pretty scary thought.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

It was only a matter of time. I don't think this is a good idea. The royal family is crumbling. We don't need an unstable government in the middle east with nuclear weapons.

Sad thing is, if they seriously go after it, I'm sure the US will gladly transfer the technology over to them. Look at all the other advanced weaponry and training we've just handed them.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Nice! Just what we need.

The Middle East is already nuclear. The Israelis have them (can you blame them?) but just will not "officially" admit it.

I'm more concerned about Pakistan...they already have nukes.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

We better start developing our oil reserves cause if they start nuking each other the oil refineries will go first
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The Middle East is already nuclear. The Israelis have them (can you blame them?) but just will not "officially" admit it.

I'm more concerned about Pakistan...they already have nukes.
    At least Pak pays us lip service, if nothing else. Iran has no qualms about letting the world know how much they dislike us and absolutely HATE our allies in the region. (Though Pakistan is certainly no fan of our friends in New Delhi)

Though let's be honest. After the Soviet collapse, anyone with the cash can get a nuke. I think it naive to think that there's no way Iran has any. They just don't officially have any.

So who can blame the Saudis? Their neighbors either produce or can get nukes, and most of them hate the Saudis' guts.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    We better start developing our oil reserves cause if they start nuking each other the oil refineries will go first
    Reserves? We can barely import the stuff as fast as we use it! No, if the nukes start flying in the desert, we'll all be going back to horses and bicycles real fast. And say goodbye to bulk plastics. We'll have to rely on other sources of hydrocarbons to produce it.

My concern with Pakistan has to do with control over the nukes if the government falls...and especially if a bunch of religious nutjobs take over.

I'm not too worried about governments using nukes - they know that if they use them against us, their nation will cease to exist on the face of the planet. It's the possibility of them losing control over the devices, and having one fall into the wrong hands. That's the nightmare scenario.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    My concern with Pakistan has to do with control over the nukes if the government falls...and especially if a bunch of religious nutjobs take over.

I'm not too worried about governments using nukes - they know that if they use them against us, their nation will cease to exist on the face of the planet. It's the possibility of them losing control over the devices, and having one fall into the wrong hands. That's the nightmare scenario.
    You're right. Governmental stability in the middle east is shaky at best, and a nuclear power losing control of their warheads/materials is right up there with asteroid strikes for danger, and far more likely.

No, you'll have no arguments on that point from me, my friend...

That's why mutually assured destruction works as a deterrent. Quit cutting back our nukes. Stockpile them. Let our enemies know if our children are killed by a nuke at your hands we will pull the trigger as well, but on a much larger scale.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Senior Moderator
    The BOOK says the beggining of the END will be not far from there, so its just a matter of time.
    atctimmy and glockman10mm like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

How will we get oil if all the oil wells in Iran and Saudi Arabia become radioactive??

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    mutually assured destruction works as a deterrent

works when sanity is prevalent on the game board. having read the Koran, those that expose it....MAD is not viable
    it is in fact MAD to even contemplate. i need to say something nice now....those who holler Allah and have atomic weapons are MAD. but not in the way of a stratagy....sad ain't it; how many generations have been around for the end of a civilization as it is occuring?

was it Einstein who said--i do not know how WW lll will be fought; but WW lV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I can't argue against that. It seems it is a matter of time. The madness over there will not cease until they can learn to love their children more than they hate their enemies. Sadly, I don't think that will ever happen.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    mutually assured destruction works as a deterrent

works when sanity is prevalent on the game board. having read the Koran, those that expose it....MAD is not viable

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeatedly stated that he believes that Allah has chosen him to prepare the world for the coming of the 12th Iman soon, the so-called Mahdi, who will return to earth and destroy both Israel and the USA.

Many Americans do not realize that at every single significant political, religious, or military gathering in Iran, the speaker starts his address by leading the assembled people in chants of "Death to Israel" and "Death to America".

These folks really do want us to be dead. It is no joke.

In this speech below, Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei explains to the Iranian people why it is their religious duty to chant: "Death to America". These folks actually do equate the United States with Satan.

So the two most powerful men in Iran are both religious fanatics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links