So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union - Page 2

So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union

This is a discussion on So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; USAA is open to honorably discharged veterans as well, you don't have to be retired....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    USAA is open to honorably discharged veterans as well, you don't have to be retired.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Good thing that I have a selective reading disorder........have a hard time reading "no firearms" signs.......I don't know why...must be a tea party thing...
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    HSBC is the same....I made little stickers that said "ILLEGAL" and stuck them on a few doors where that little red circle and slash were...my friend is manager of a branch and I asked him if it was okay to walk in when I first saw the sign...he's up or down on firearms...I told him I wasn't carrying a Beretta (Gun in the circle)...right over his head....I left them for other reasons but used to carry in there, sign or not....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I'm a member of three FEDERAL Credit Unions. I can't be 100% sure but I believe the "no firearms" thing is a federal regulation much like the post office. I believe the federal credit unions are obligated, as part of their charters, to specify "no firearms".

Banks are different.
    USN Retired

I have had Wells Fargo for like 12 years but I opened a USAA account to have a primary and a backup bank, so far USAA is fantastic.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Working Contacts at NFCU

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    If interested I did send an e-mail to the CEO, Cutler Dawson at cutler.dawson@nfcu.org. Just took a chance guessing that it was his e-mail address and it hasn't been bounced back so maybe it is valid.
    I did e-mail President Cutler Dawson at NFCU and it bounced. SO - I wrote him and also the Chairman of the Board VADM John A. Lockard, Chairman at:
    Navy Federal Credit Union, 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180-4907 with snail mail.

I got a response from Tom Lyons, Senior VP, Security who said in part:

"Your letters addressed to John A. Lockhard and Cutler Dawson have been referred to me for a reply.

We appreciate your position regarding NFCU's firearm policy. After extensive review, however, we continue to believe that it is in the best interest of our employees and members to prohibit the carrying of a firearm at all Navy Federal facilities by non-law enforcement persons. Please be assured that the safety of our members and employees has been, and will continue to be of paramount importance to us."

I would like to have participated in their extensive review. My guess is they think tellers should give up the money and the bad guys will not endanger or rob customers - good luck with that. I am sure too that they did not consider basic customer safety between the branch doors and their car. And don't most people go to a banking facility to either put in or take out money? Yeah, some get loans, but my observation is that the majority of foot traffic in my local branch go to the teller windows.

So just more politically correct liberal hogwash. USAA is looking better and better - no branches but I can use anyone's ATM with no fees for up to 10 withdrawals per month. Deposit checks from home with scanned images. How good is that?

Mr Lyon's finished his letter with the note: "Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know."

But it takes snail mail - the address is above - let them know what you think - names and addresses that work are above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links