So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union

This is a discussion on So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Have been a member for over 20 years. Went to the local branch today and noticed a new "No Firearms" sign on the door. Decided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

So Long to Navy Federal Credit Union

Have been a member for over 20 years. Went to the local branch today and noticed a new "No Firearms" sign on the door. Decided then and there to close all of my accounts, and sent an e-mail to the CEO explaining why. The lady who helped me said "I need to ask why are you closing your account?" When I replied "because of the No Firearms" sign on the door, she just about went white.

Transferred everything over to USAA, a much better organization anyhow.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

I got Navy Fed right after boot camp, and USAA last year. USAA is much better to work with, and tends to have better rates and things. Which NFCU location was that sign at?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Nautilus Park branch in Groton, CT. I imagine that they are located on every branch though, but don't know that to be fact.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

Well, this is good to know. I still have an account at NFCU from my time in the Navy. I will be closing this account next week. Thanks.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If interested I did send an e-mail to the CEO, Cutler Dawson at cutler.dawson@nfcu.org. Just took a chance guessing that it was his e-mail address and it hasn't been bounced back so maybe it is valid.

- Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    "and noticed a new "No Firearms" sign on the door."

NAVY ~ They only like the REALLY BIG guns & not the little ones I guess.

Got my acct at the NFCU when stationed at USUHS (Nav Med Ctr, Bethesda, MD) in 1985, but have not used it since I switched over to USAA in '91. I think I still have $7 there. You're not missing much and IMO USAA is much better. Their loss...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Being a former sailor I know who Navy Fed is. Who is USAA, and why are they better?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    USAA is a financial institution serving active duty and retired military members.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/...icgsch30450316
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I woulda said the no guns sign on the door,and then added didn't work really well at Fort Hood did it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Haha screw Navy Federal, another Liberal ran organization with no hope to support our constitution.

USAA has no "no guns policy" they dont have a door to hang it on lol ... I love USAA.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

USAA is pretty sweet

NFCU and South Carolina

I am considering switching from NFCU after over 40 years because of their "No Firearms" sign. It promotes an agenda that I think is wrong.

BUT, I think South Carolina Residents who have Concealed Carry Permits should note that in the state law: SECTION 23-31-235 the sign requirements in order to preclude the carrying of their Concealed Weapons among other things must state: "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS". NFCU's sign does not do that.

While the intent of NFCU's sign appears to be to make a zone where only bad guys have firearms, they have not precluded me from carrying concealed - because the signage does not comply with the state law requirements for precluding concealed weapons.

Hopefully I'll never have to "UN-conceal" inside NFCU, but if I do I will have only broken their rules, and not the SC state law.

I do think that NFCU's policy of no hoodies, no sun glasses, and no ball caps inside is a reasonable requirement to deter would be robbers. But that does not mean that I will rely on it to keep me safe.
    shooterX likes this.

I am loving USAA's banking services. Can deposit checks using your smart phone, don't have to mail it in and wait. Have been a member for years, just starting to use their banking services.

- Thomas Jefferson

Only gripe with USAA is that they are canceling the points program. Doesnt affect me directly, but the wife likes to get pots and pans from there. I have never dealt with Navy Fed.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links