Watches - Page 2

Watches

This is a discussion on Watches within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a Citizen Eco-Drive in Titanium Has the Cgrono and all the neat little features that make it look like a pilots watch like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Watches

I have a Citizen Eco-Drive in Titanium Has the Cgrono and all the neat little features that make it look like a pilots watch like a chron tachymeter etc, has Tritium hands and a gun metal face. I love it. Runs about 250-300 bucks. Looks great with my suits I wear every day or shorts and jeans. Highly recommend it. The big Navy SEAL watches and the like ar eOK but dont necessarily look good with everything. I want something I can wear with everything.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I posted this to you elsewhere DG, but I'll share it here too. The customer comments are priceless:

Amazon.com: Zenith Men's 96.0529.4035/51.M Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Titanium Chronograph Watch: Zenith: Watches
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Administrator
    Those NFW's look pretty good, but I'm unfamiliar with the make. I wish there was someplace local I could go check them out.

Anymore, its hard to find a man's watch that isnt huge and actual numerals on the face and is not a chrono. Don't get me wrong, I like the chrono, they look pretty cool... except thats about it.
    I've been collecting watches ever since Swatch's were cool. I don't know how many I have. I've got everything from cheap Fossils and Timex's to Rolex. I've never once used a chrono, so I have a hard time paying extra for features I don't want and won't use.

The best makers that suit my style and needs are Luminox and Victorinox. My issue with Luminox is all the Navy Seal crap all over it. I'm not a Seal and never will be one. I don't want their trident on my stuff. I also have a personal agenda against using stuff like the Seals or their trident as a marketing gimmick. I haven't earned a trident, so therefor I'm not going to buy one at the mall. Not on a watch, a hat or T shirt. I also feel like some sort of jack wagon when somebody asks me the model and I have to reply "Its the f-117" Its just kinda dorky... but it is a nice watch. Victorinox makes a nice quality simple watch and I like that. As does Hamilton. I'm fairly new to the Hamilton brand, but I like what I've seen so far.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Those NFW's look pretty good, but I'm unfamiliar with the make. I wish there was someplace local I could go check them out.
    I know the feeling. Even with him so close to me it didn't make it any easier since he doesn't have a showroom. At the time I think he said some local jewelers might have some but I didn't feel like hunting around. He does have a zero risk return policy so I figured what the heck. Now I own two. ;) He also has had a contract with Reebok to produce the watches for NFL Refs and the Super Bowl.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm glad someone started this thread. I like nice watches too but have never really had the budget to afford the nicer ones. I have a Swiss Army (cost $167ish probably 8 or 10 yrs ago), a Seiko dress watch and an Esquire that I refer to as my "date" watch (I think it was a little over $250 8 or 10 yrs ago). If I'm not mistaken, the Esquire is made by the same company that makes the higher end Movados.

I'd like to get a Tag Heuer or maybe an Omega someday. I used to look around for watches years ago and really liked the Bell&Ross brand but it looks like their line has changed since I have last looked at them and unfortunately I don't like the new ones as well as the others I used to look at.

Sounds like a lot of people have given you some really good tips on what to look at that is within your budget. Please post an update and let us know about your new purchase!

I like quality watches. I've got a Tag and several Seikos. But for every day banging around, take a look at this one. Nylon strap (leather lined), Japanese quartz movement, scratch resistant crystal, luminous ring around the outer face along with luminous hands (glows in the dark), stainless steel (black chrome) finish, water resistant to over 150', and available for $40 at Walmart

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    My bucket list watch is a Breitling. Take one of those over a Rolex anyday.
    SIGguy229 and swiftyjuan like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Seiko is good bang for the buck

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    I also own a Seiko dive watch my wife gave me as my wedding gift that I adore. It's my non-suit watch. has all those fancy chronographs on it and stuff
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    I also agree. I have two Seikos. Look good, rugged, and durable for under 5 bills. I like Citizen too. Another quality bargain priced watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I can't believe this thread hasnt had more interest. Also check out Victorinox and Luminox brands, both make quality watches in your price range.
    I think your showing your age, most folks use their cell as a way of telling time. Im not sure if I own a watch anymore.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Maybe someone here can explain this. I've owned an Accutron that lasted three days and quit. Two Seikos went four ande five days and quit. A Citizens lasted almost a week. A $15 Timex last years.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

MoMike, what in the hell are u doing to ur watches???? :-)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    Maybe someone here can explain this. I've owned an Accutron that lasted three days and quit. Two Seikos went four ande five days and quit. A Citizens lasted almost a week. A $15 Timex last years.
    Did you buy your Bulova, Seiko's and citizen from a street vendor?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Folex in NY for $40
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links