Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing

This is a discussion on Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN Nancy Grace may suffer a stroke over this. If not, she will probably be foaming at the mouth tonight on her ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Nancy Grace may suffer a stroke over this. If not, she will probably be foaming at the mouth tonight on her program on the Headline News channel.

People are now heavily condemning her today for having convicted Anthony on her news show:

I TOTALLY agree. I even sent her an email telling her to eat crow. She is the most annoying and biased anchor I have ever seen, next to her pal Jane Valdez Mitchell or whatever her name is. Guilty or not, Nancy Grace is a joke. If nothing else I am glad she is not guilty simply because of Nancy Grace.

By the way...the boyfriend Tony did it for her and helped cover it up. Dad is nervous as all get out now. They all knew what happened. This family is messed up and because of that, doubt was created in this case. Casey Anthony is guilty of something, but we won't ever know.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

No proof, no conviction. Seems fairly simple to me.

I am glad that at least in the US, there is a court system where public opinion and conjecture is not admissible as evidence.

There may be a little Justice Mom committed Perjury on the Witness stand,Something tells me they will end up charging her
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There may be a little Justice Mom committed Perjury on the Witness stand,Something tells me they will end up charging her
    am I the only one that noticed the look of nervousness on George Anthony's face???? And the smile on Cindy Anthony's face???
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

RIP precious little one.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Travesty of justice!!!
    babyhulk likes this.

This wasn't court it was circus, I wouldn't be surprised to see an appeal very soon.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    This wasn't court it was circus, I wouldn't be surprised to see an appeal very soon.
    Correct me if I am wrong attorneys on here, but the prosecution has no appeal as of right. Especially on a bench or jury verdict based on the double jeopardy principle. . So this ends here.

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    What kind of appeal? She can not be tried twice for the same offense. It's called double jeopardy.

Are you thinking she's going to appeal the not guilty verdict?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

No Proof..... Fact is the child is dead. Fact is its biological mother didn't even care enough about her missing toddler to file a missing person/child report. She then purposefully misleads the police and muddies up the evidence with wild accusations against her father and anyone else she could think of, but she must be innocent cause the jury says so... Give us all a bleeping break here, were not all that flipping dumb.
    Old School likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong attorneys on here, but the prosecution has no appeal as of right. Especially on a bench or jury verdict based on the double jeopardy principle. . So this ends here.
    They would have to come up with another charge. Child Neglect and Endangerment (or whatever they call it) is one they could use if they did not already charge her with it.

About 20-25 years ago, SC law enforcement caught a guy named Larry Gene Bell for murdering two women. They had him dead-bang on one but the second was not as clear. They only tried him with the first murder. I asked my dad why they didn't charge him with the second one and he said they were holding it "in reserve" in case he got off on the first one.

There is also the civil route, though IMO that is a miscarriage of justice. If the court found you not guilty on a criminal charge you should not be able to be charged with a civil suite that is effectively the same thing.

Hard to believe...this old grandpa is stunned!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Wow. I'm shocked.

I'm not...The State put on a mediocre case at best. the defense put up enough smoke and mirrors to ptu doubt in the jury's mind. Sucks because I think she is guilty of something, but thats how our wonderful legal system works.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    If she is sentenced to the maximum on all 4 counts of false information to LEO, she's out by Christmas with her time served.

If her sentence is less than that, she might well be out Thursday.

Well, she would not only have to get the max 1 year sentence, but the court would have to also have them all run consecutively.

I don't believe that there is much precedent for doing that.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    There is also the civil route, though IMO that is a miscarriage of justice. If the court found you not guilty on a criminal charge you should not be able to be charged with a civil suite that is effectively the same thing.

How could there ever be a civil lawsuit over this child's death? Who would the plaintiff be? Nancy Grace?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links