Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing

This is a discussion on Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I bet she walks this week with time served. It is unfortunate, but it is the reason why you need competent prepared prosecutors and a ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Wow, Casey Anthony found Not Guilty on all Major Counts Amazing

I bet she walks this week with time served. It is unfortunate, but it is the reason why you need competent prepared prosecutors and a crime lab that is attentive to detail.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I bet she walks this week with time served. It is unfortunate, but it is the reason why you need competent prepared prosecutors and a crime lab that is attentive to detail.
    Ya know I bet you're right... It would be like icing on the cake to this miscarriage.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Nice to see that our criminal justice system still works on occasion. Do I think she killed Caylee? Yes. Did they prove without a reasonable doubt that she killed her? Not a chance in hell. In this case the justice system worked as intended. Thank god you don't live somewhere where someone can be convicted of murder based on public opinion. If anyone wants to be mad be mad at the prosecutors for not doing their job - the jury did their job. Better to see her go free than see an innocent person sitting behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong attorneys on here, but the prosecution has no appeal as of right. Especially on a bench or jury verdict based on the double jeopardy principle. . So this ends here.
    Well I'm not an attorney or expert on FL law but I've read cases on here about self defense shootings where the jury came back not guilty the prosecution appealed mistrial was declared and it was gone through all over again, and a second not guilty verdict was given to end the criminal proceedings (meanwhile the civil case was over before the 1st criminal trial completed). So that's where my statement came from. And given the accusations of perjury toward witness on both sides, all the contempt of court charges, etc.

Though all the news channels are reporting she'll likely walk out of court on time already served Thursday and that will be that.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    How could there ever be a civil lawsuit over this child's death? Who would the plaintiff be? Nancy Grace?

Well, if Casey's parents really believe she was responsible for Caylee's death, and she certainly tried to throw her father under the bus... they could file a wrongful death suit against her.

Same thing happened to OJ and Ron Goldman's father won that case. For what it's worth, he never saw a dime. And certainly Casey has no money to pay for an award of damages.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    reasonable doubt. i saw plenty of it
    Reasonable doubt was everywhere in this case. In my opinion, the jury did an excellent job. The defense did an excellent job. And the prosecution did a terrible job of providing real evidence.
    I think that she got away with murder but it was up to Florida to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and they didn't even come close.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I saw it while I was out working and was totally surprised. I don't think the State had much of a case, but everyone KNOWS that Casey Anthony is responsible in some way for Caylee's death. The State just could not provide 100% proof.

At the very least, the Jury could have convicted her of manslaughter, but no, they chose to acquit. Did not see that coming at all.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    You gotta be kinding. She doesn't report her child missing, she starts a trail of lies , the car smells like someone rottening in it and she wont take the stand for questions. I have no doubt.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The direction this world is going I am glad I will be dead before it becomes a complete cesspool.

In the meantime I hope her next victims are those pieces of human garbage that spawned her.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I TOTALLY agree. I even sent her an email telling her to eat crow. She is the most annoying and biased anchor I have ever seen, next to her pal Jane Valdez Mitchell or whatever her name is. Guilty or not, Nancy Grace is a joke. If nothing else I am glad she is not guilty simply because of Nancy Grace.

By the way...the boyfriend Tony did it for her and helped cover it up. Dad is nervous as all get out now. They all knew what happened. This family is messed up and because of that, doubt was created in this case. Casey Anthony is guilty of something, but we won't ever know.
    I agree. I really think Law Enforcement is going to double-down and at least get to the bottom of what really happened, and when they do George Anthony may very well have a lot to be nervous about. At a minimum this broad knows what happened; now if LE can get to her and get her to start coughing up the goods -- since she can't be tried for this again, and therefore has some element of protection from the consequences -- then maybe at least the rest of us will finally know what happened.

But man oh man can this girl lie.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Reasonable doubt was everywhere in this case. In my opinion, the jury did an excellent job. The defense did an excellent job. And the prosecution did a terrible job of providing real evidence.
    I think that she got away with murder but it was up to Florida to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and they didn't even come close.
    I have to agree with this also. The defense attorney's job was to get his client off. He did his job. And so did the jury. No one can complain about that.

It's my belief that they tried the wrong person first. Had they gone after the boyfriend or the father, they may well have ended up with the same verdict but gotten to some details that would allow them to pursue this low-life excuse for a mother. I doubt we'll see the last of the prosecutions on this case.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    You gotta be kinding. She doesn't report her child missing, she starts a trail of lies , the car smells like someone rottening in it and she wont take the stand for questions. I have no doubt.
    None of which proves she's a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, if Casey's parents really believe she was responsible for Caylee's death, and she certainly tried to throw her father under the bus... they could file a wrongful death suit against her.

Same thing happened to OJ and Ron Goldman's father won that case. For what it's worth, he never saw a dime. And certainly Casey has no money to pay for an award of damages.
    But her book deal and Lifetime Network, or OWN movie deal haven't been announced yet.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    She doesn't report her child missing, she starts a trail of lies , the car smells like someone rottening in it and she wont take the stand for questions. I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That's right. Because those are the actions consistent with innocence.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The dead little girl does.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links