Man gets 10 years for smuggling pot...INTO MEXICO!

This is a discussion on Man gets 10 years for smuggling pot...INTO MEXICO! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Title says it all,some guy tried to smuggle 20 pounds of pot into Mexico,talk about a dumb criminal Man who smuggled pot into Mexico gets ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By mkh

Thread: Man gets 10 years for smuggling pot...INTO MEXICO!

Title says it all,some guy tried to smuggle 20 pounds of pot into Mexico,talk about a dumb criminal

Man who smuggled pot into Mexico gets 10 years in Reynosa prison | mexico, prison, reynosa - TheMonitor.com
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe he was dyslexic and read the road signs wrong?

Talk about carrying coals to Newcastle!!!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Maybe he got some bad pot and was taking it back for a refund.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Kind of like swimming to Cuba, I guess.

No, kinda like bringing your own hooker to a cat house.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

I think we should follow their lead and put all the people bringing it into the USA away for 10 years, just to be fair!
    Erick46590 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I think we should follow their lead and put all the people bringing it into the USA away for 10 years, just to be fair!
    +1

Strange how you can get more jail time smuggling pot into the major source of pot in this country than you will get for smuggling it into this country.
    Erick46590 likes this.

shoulda used a trebuchet, like the Mexicans did south of AZ. 5 shots woulda gotten his bales over the border.

But, since he didn't, he gets to spend time in a Mexican prison. Not where I'd wanna be.

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I've never been a pot smoker but in my youth I had some friends who did. I had a buddy, we'll call him Barry, who smoked like a chimney. I went with "Barry" and my GF (now my wife) to a friend's wedding reception in Tijuana.

It was a nice reception but a couple of my pot smoking friends went outside a few times to smoke up. At the end of the party we were crossing back over into the US at the San Ysidro border crossing. "Barry" was in line ahead of me as we passed through the checkpoint. As he is walking away he turns and gives me a really scared look. As I step up to the officer with my ID I look down and I see "Barry's" bag of pot on the floor right between my feet. I try not to freak out and I was passed through with no problems. My future wife also had no problem and she didn't even notice anything was wrong.

I was really mad at him. Afterward he told me that he had a hole in his pocket and just as he approached the turnstile/officer the bag of pot fell down his pant leg and landed on top of his shoe. He then kicked his foot two or three times to drop the pot while answering the officers questions and then walked away after being admitted to the US. He knew the pot was there and that is why he gave me the weird look.

In that moment I could have killed him. I had no idea he was stupid enough to try to bring pot back into the US. I mean, HOW STUPID CAN A GUY BE. I asked him why he didn't just take what he planned to smoke while at the party and leave the rest at home. He just kind of gave me a blank stare and it wasn't too long after that I decided that I didn't really need "Barry" as a friend anymore.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

According to the History Channel, the pot grown in Kentucky is better than anything grown in Mexico.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rokclmb View Post
    According to the History Channel, the pot grown in Kentucky is better than anything grown in Mexico.
    I can tell you first hand this is true (No, I'm not a pot smoker) Since the tobacco industry has been destroyed, the farm boys have turned to a new crop. They have a ton of know how, and they don't cut corners like the Mexican ditch farmers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Also Canadians,and some growers in more Urban settings have turned to growing pot by a method called Hydroponics ,where they grow it in water,I was watching a show where they used a chopper with IR cameras to spot grow houses,the houses that had grow lamps inside were glowing white around window openings etc where the heat was visible compared to other houses
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links