Elderly Man in Red Flannel, Jeans, with rifle in woods closes down Maryland Highway

This is a discussion on Elderly Man in Red Flannel, Jeans, with rifle in woods closes down Maryland Highway within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Multiple SWAT teams have been called to the scene. Over 50 officers overall. The man is described to be elderly ( around 60 - 70 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Elderly Man in Red Flannel, Jeans, with rifle in woods closes down Maryland Highway

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Elderly Man in Red Flannel, Jeans, with rifle in woods closes down Maryland Highway

Multiple SWAT teams have been called to the scene. Over 50 officers overall.

The man is described to be elderly ( around 60 - 70 ), wearing a red flannel shirt and blue jeans, and is walking through some woods next to the highway with a rifle or shotgun.

Who could this man be?

A. Potential Mass Murderer

B. Terrorist

C: Senile Hunter

Stay tuned to find out:

Maryland interstate closed after reports of gunman – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

2. Remove Ads

yeah I hear red flannel and blue jeans is the new Taliban uniform....
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

I got 5 internet dollars on senile hunter.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Late in February a dozen years ago my late hunting buddy Gary and I went over the Cascade Mountains on the main highway through the area. We were going to eastern Oregon to hunt Coyotes and rockchuck varmints. Just as was we got near the summit of the Cascades, we spotted a Coyote casually walking across an open meadow near the freeway.

We were both dressed in hunting camo, and had accurate heavy barrel AR-15 rifles with us. What does Gary do? He pulls over to the side of the freeway, and says "Let's go get him!" He grabs his AR-15, and heads back towards the area where the Coyote was. I grabbed my rifle, and followed him.

Gary did not wait for me to catch up with him. He ventured out into the meadow, got set up in a sitting position, and opened fire on the Coyote before I could join him.

Usually a deadeye, Gary somehow managed to miss the yote. Perhaps the high elevation we were at threw off the impact point. Anyway, as the Coyote ran away, Gary opened up with 3 more shots at the running Coyote, but they all missed too.

We then had to make the walk back to our vehicle, all dressed up in camo with our AR-15's For some reason motorists passing by did gawk at us, but the State Police was never called out. Not to our knowledge, at least.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Who says he has to be senile? I'll bet 5 of those internet dollars myself, he's on his own property, probably shooting ground hogs, or coyotes, or crows or some other vermon since there's really nothing else in season right now. Of course I'm just guessing like everyone else.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, there are more details now coming in. Apparently the fellow attacked a speed enforcement car that was beside the road, breaking some of its windows with a small hammer. The gun is now being described as being a shotgun. So he apparently did commit an act of violence, but fortunately did not discharge his gun.

The story still does not make much sense, though. Let's hope that the police are not forced to shoot the elderly man.

Here is a much newer report:

Worker In Speed Camera Vehicle Attacked On Baltimore-Washington Parkway | wusa9.com

Here is a photo of one of the SWAT teams on the scene:

Santa Clause's first hunting trip and he gets stopped by a speed enforcement vehicle! Guess I'm not the only person with a black cloud following me.

Seriously, I hope they can find this individual before somebody really gets hurt.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Joan Baez in disguise....If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning,I'd hammer in the evening all over this land I'd hammer out a warning I'd hammer out danger I'd hammer any speed enfocement vehicle that might trap my brothers and my sisters all over this laaaaand
    If I had a shotgun I'd shoot it in the morning,I'd shoot it in the evening ladadidada
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The police have not been able to locate the old man so far. They reopened the highway 4 hours ago.

It is early evening there now, and no one is yet apprehended. I wonder if the geezer got away?

Here is an updated news report:

Search continues for armed suspect who attacked speed camera vehicle - Dr. Gridlock - The Washington Post

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Late in February a dozen years ago my late hunting buddy Gary and I went over the Cascade Mountains on the main highway through the area. We were going to eastern Oregon to hunt Coyotes and rockchuck varmints. Just as was we got near the summit of the Cascades, we spotted a Coyote casually walking across an open meadow near the freeway.

We then had to make the walk back to our vehicle, all dressed up in camo with our AR-15's For some reason motorists passing by did gawk at us, but the State Police was never called out. Not to our knowledge, at least.
    Too many valley folk (no offense, you're the exception, not the rule) inhabiting the mountains these days, at least along the main highways.

Shoulda waited till you got a little further east. I've lived in various towns in the eastern half of Oregon (i.e. east of The Dalles) all my life, and guys in camo with rifles/shotguns are a day-to-day sight ten months out of the year.

My mom got a 911 call of a MWAG dressed in camo at a rest area. She asked what he was doing. The caller responded, he just grabbed his gun and walked into the woods. My mom's response, well it's deer season sounds like he's hunting.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I can't wait til somebody calls in I just observed several men with guns and a lot of gun fire down the road,"What Road are you on" The sign says Gun Club Road
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

LOL, he probably doesn't like those speed cameras, etc. Maybe he got nailed by one. I think they are stupid things too.

Maybe, the guy got onto his land while doing it and the guy wanted him off of it.

Possibly just out shooting some rabbits, etc.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Well, the guy got away, and the police now admit that they have very few leads to go by.

Unless they get lucky and someone comes forward with information, this fellow may get away.

Here is an updated report:

Search continues for armed man that attacked speed enforcement vehicle on B-W Parkway - baltimoresun.com

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    From the comments in the news story, this person might be on to something:

We have yet to see a picture of this guy or have any proof he had a gun. This was one person claiming that this man had a gun. I'm even starting to doubt this incident even occured, maybe the camera/Jeep guy cracked the windshield and didn't want to get blamed for it.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Links