Obama wants execution stopped..... - Page 3

Obama wants execution stopped.....

This is a discussion on Obama wants execution stopped..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our president and his liberal cronies constantly ignore the constitution so why shouldnt the rest of us?...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Obama wants execution stopped.....

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Our president and his liberal cronies constantly ignore the constitution so why shouldnt the rest of us?

UN treaties are toilet paper as far as I am concerned.
    Stubborn and thephanatik like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Uh, so you applaud ignoring our constitution? No state can do things its own way. We are no longer living in 1859.
    According to the Constitution, States can do things their own way. That's why every state has their own CHL, drivers licenses, divorce laws, etc.... I don't remember reading anything in the Constitution about foreign treaties??? But I'm not a Constitutional scholar either.... I agree with the SCOTUS and their 2008 ruling. I'll bet you change your mind when Obama and H Clinton sign the NATO small arms treaty and try to confiscate all our guns.

As for US travelers to foreign countries...they know he risks, they're taking chances... If they're doing something illegal, let them sit in jail in a third world country. Same goes for US citizens that live abroad, it's their choice. Your constitutional rights in the US don't override laws in another country.

The only reason this is being brought up, is because the Mexican Government does have a death penalty. It has the Cartels to handle that for them...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

It's all about pandering for votes. That's about all he's accomplished in office, other than blow a few trillion dollars on neat ideas.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    According to the Constitution, States can do things their own way. That's why every state has their own CHL, drivers licenses, divorce laws, etc.... I don't remember reading anything in the Constitution about foreign treaties??? But I'm not a Constitutional scholar either.....
    Rather obviously you are not a constitutional scholar. Let me help you out---

From our Constitution itself: Article VI, paragraph 2 actually stipulates on the issue: "...all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution [of any State] or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Our president and his liberal cronies constantly ignore the constitution so why shouldnt the rest of us?
    Because your premise is not correct to start with, and because anarchy would result if your premise were correct and we did all ignore our constitution. Of course Ernie, you knew that and didn't need me to tell you.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Because your premise is not correct to start with, and because anarchy would result if your premise were correct and we did all ignore our constitution. Of course Ernie, you knew that and didn't need me to tell you.
    Give me a break! Obama is constantly spouting off about how he will no longer support this law or that law. The rule of law means nothing to him or his cronies. Don't tell me you've already forgotten Obama's gunrunning fiasco with Mexico. Funny, he wasn't concerned with causing "irrepairable damage" then.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    Rather obviously you are not a constitutional scholar.
    I admit it, perhaps you should admit it also... Because...

Let me help you out---

From our Constitution itself: Article VI, paragraph 2 actually stipulates on the issue: "...all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution [of any State] or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
    SCOTUS exists to interpret laws and the Constitution and their 2008 ruling on this matter trumps Art. VI, para. 2... You may not like, as it's pretty apparent here, but that's the law, for now anyway...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Give me a break! Obama is constantly spouting off about how he will no longer support this law or that law. The rule of law means nothing to him or his cronies. Don't tell me you've already forgotten Obama's gunrunning fiasco with Mexico. Funny, he wasn't concerned with causing "irrepairable damage" then.
    I don't want to delve into partisan politics. I stand by what I wrote earlier. He has done exactly what his predecessor and any other President must do.

The words of Article VI Paragraph 2 are what they are-- again,
    ""...all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby,"

That is the long and short of it. No politics. Just our constitution.
    Andrew Jackson

As for US travelers to foreign countries...they know he risks, they're taking chances... If they're doing something illegal, let them sit in jail in a third world country. Same goes for US citizens that live abroad, it's their choice. Your constitutional rights in the US don't override laws in another country.
    ^^This. American Citizens traveling in foreign countries would be wise to know the laws of which ever country they are visiting as breaking them could have serious consequences. Consular access does not mean US Citizens receive special treatment with regard to the judicial process of that country but rather to make sure they aren't treated inhumanely in prison. US Citizens are still subject to the laws and penalties laid out by the government of that country. It is the same for people who are legally or illegally in this country. You break our laws then be prepared to accept the consequences that are laid out by our laws.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Once you are convicted of a felony, you have no more rights. If you are not a citizen of this Country, you have no rights. Go to another Country...any country of your choice and rape and murder a citizen of that country and see if a "treaty" will save you. This Great Country has pandered to the rest of the world for far too long. It's high time we (America) tells the rest of the world to kiss our uh, well, you get my point.
    We don't need a bunch of lawless, corrupt 3rd world nations for friends or allies. We have enough corruptness in Washington already.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    I admit it, perhaps you should admit it also... Because...

SCOTUS exists to interpret laws and the Constitution and their 2008 ruling on this matter trumps Art. VI, para. 2... You may not like, as it's pretty apparent here, but that's the law, for now anyway...
    The scope of that ruling is what is being tested, given Congress's inability to write a law (anticipated by the prior ruling) which sustains the treaty language. This is a legitimate suit which would be done by The Justice Department under any administration. It is not a liberal or conservative or partisan action. There are important issues left over which are unresolved.

You want mob justice for US citizens overseas in return for our carelessness, hope you never find yourself in such a situation.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Obama ignores the Constitution daily... He's the "Domestic Threat to the Constitution" I swore an oath to defend this country against. If he truly supported and defended the constitution, he wouldn't be trying to underhandedly to get the UN Small Arms Treaty passed. The treaty will abolish the 2nd Amendment, which last I looked was still part of the Constitution, he swore to defend.
    TVJ likes this.

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

TVJ
    There already is mob justice for US citizens in the Middle East.

Obama: "irreparable harm"; What a load of _____.

How bout GunRunner and Mexicans killed with US sent guns.

Any irreparable harm there from ATF, Holder, Napolitano?

Obama is such a Duplicitous Tool.
    Stubborn and SIGguy229 like this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    Obama ignores the Constitution daily... He's the "Domestic Threat to the Constitution" I swore an oath to defend this country against. If he truly supported and defended the constitution, he wouldn't be trying to underhandedly to get the UN Small Arms Treaty passed. The treaty will abolish the 2nd Amendment, which last I looked was still part of the Constitution, he swore to defend.
    I've tried very hard to keep this away from partisan politics, both because of board rules and because I genuinely believe this suit is a technical matter and not a political matter.

Apparently some can't resist any opportunity to throw accusations at O regardless of whether or not those are baseless. I'm trying hard to stay out of that mud. I have pointed out that BOTH our present and prior Prez have tangled with Texas over this clause in the constitution. I don't know how to say it in any more non-partisan a manner.

You guys who want to take partisan swipes at every opportunity, I guess nothing will stop you, not even repeated pleas and threats from various mods. I do find it entertaining that you all support the constitution so long as you like a result and poo all over it the second it doesn't fit with your desire of the moment for mob rule.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links