anniversary gift

anniversary gift

This is a discussion on anniversary gift within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hey it is my wedding anniversary this weekend and need to find something to get the wife for it i am horrible at picking out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stubborn

Thread: anniversary gift

anniversary gift

hey it is my wedding anniversary this weekend and need to find something to get the wife for it i am horrible at picking out gifts for other people as i am a guy haha was just wondering if you guys have any good ideas that wont cost me an arm and a leg. also i know she wouldnt be happy if i bought her any kind of gun or things like that

Well... She's your wife. What does she like? We don't know her.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Simple...here you go...
    Send flowers to her at her job (it impresses her co-workers and shows them that she has a great marriage and husband), Take her to dinner, at a nice restaurant, (not "Applebees" or "Mayberry Diner"), Give her some little gift only she can use, like perfume or spa gift certificate. You will have a happy wife and better yet you will be a hero. Probably $150.00 tops. Put it on a credit card and pay it off over three months if you have to...it'll be worth it.
    joker1 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

She is a stay at home mom and we will be gone but that is a good idea about the spa gift certificate that way she could get out of the house for a few hours one day or something like that

Take her out to a nice dinner, movie, go for a walk, get someone to take the kids for the night if possible. Stay in and cook for her (you can do a lot with mac n cheese), get a bottle of wine, rent a movie that she wants to see. After 18 years we have a hard time finding something we want or need (I just want guns and she's doesn't see the need for more guns until I get bit by a radioactive conjoined quadruplet octopus). Our last anniversary we left the kid with her grandparents and got out of town for a couple days (different restaurants and some shopping but mostly time alone together).

Good Luck and congrats on staying married-an accomplishment in today's society.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    is there a B&B on a lake within a few hours drive?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

there are things like that but our baby is only six months old and she will not eat out of a bottle and she doesn't like to be away from her for more then a few hours beacuse then she starts to get worried, my parents are going to baby sit this weekend and we will be going out for dinner this weekend. i would like to get away for a few days but she just cant leave for that long and i understand as she spends all day with the baby and i only see her when i get home from work between mowing and doing other things around the house.

VIP Member
    What anniversary is it? Spend as much on her as you did your last gun... Girls like diamonds... Women like Bigger Diamonds... If she's stuck at home with the kids all day, everyday...errr, ohh, ummm...back to diamonds. .. You'll be
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Fishing rod and reel.Got mine once for birthday,my next birthday I got a mailbox.On second thought maybe not a rod and reel,unless you get tackle too.

ha ha i gaurantee she would kill me if i got a rod and a reel because she thinks i have enough in the house and in the garage and in the boat, in south dakota you can fish with two rods at a time so if i go out with 3 people in the boat i usually bring at least ten rods for different things and so you dont have to tie a new line everytime u get a snag and it is our 1st and i dont think diamonds will work as they are not in the bank account right now haha

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    get her an engraved silver bracelet with your wedding date and initials. something simple but elegant. No need to go all blow out expensive, but something like that is personal and yet at the same time bling she can show her friends. Then take her out to a romantic dinner with wine and steaks, perhaps some classical music in the back ground, and tell her how much your life has been better because she is in it then give her the bracelet.

Thats some good stuff man, my name should be Dr. Love.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Sponsored Links