One more Jeep "Death Wobble" comment / question - Weld your tracking bar?

This is a discussion on One more Jeep "Death Wobble" comment / question - Weld your tracking bar? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just had my tracking bar replaced in hopes to stop my Jeep from doing the occasional "wobble". Mine wasn't doing it very often which ...

Thread: One more Jeep "Death Wobble" comment / question - Weld your tracking bar?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

I just had my tracking bar replaced in hopes to stop my Jeep from doing the occasional "wobble". Mine wasn't doing it very often which made it harder to diagnose that say one that did it frequently.

Now I just have to wait, drive and see.....

It seems like someone replied a while back to their wobble problem and said they had their tracking bar welded in place to stop their wobble. Anyone here do that to their jeep?
    For God, Family and Country!

YJ or TJ? Lifted or not? Stock?

Or it could be a CJ or JK. Yeah man, we need details. Is it wobbling under certain conditions?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Well outside of the obvious:

ball joints, track bar bushings, tires out of balance, and vehicle out of alignment..... dump that cheesy steering system.

TJ:

the drag link and tie rod are cheesy stock let alone lifted. replace the whole unit with a heavy duty system like currie, toys by troy, or rugged ridge. Rustys also has HD replacements. the drag link gets bent subtly over time because of the weakness of the system..... http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste

YJ: JB4x4 has the best conversion

2006 Stock TJ. Only maybe once a week or two does it do the wobble and only around 55 mph when it does. I hope its cured now.
    I replaced the steering stabilizer & had tires rotated and front end aligned - that helped but still had it from time to time.
    Hoping this new tracking bar fixes it. Won't know till drive and drive and see....

You might get the alignment checked just for the heck of it. I know mine's out right now and it shudders a little at higher speeds. It's done it before and an alignment fixed it. I know I threw it out over the winter what with all the trekking I did through the blizzard and pulling people out.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I had the same issue for years on my TJ. Finally took it to a GOOD off road place and it balanced and aligned. Haven't had the issue since. Difference between sears and someon who knows what they are doing.

Has there ever been a case of a wobble going away when someone got new tires?

Sponsored Links