Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane?

This is a discussion on Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I lump CNN in with MTV. They were both great when they started. Now they have both abandoned their core business and become just another ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane?

I lump CNN in with MTV. They were both great when they started. Now they have both abandoned their core business and become just another same old same old.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    It's that need to have 'active' programming to keep the lemmings on the line. Remember 9/11 & the non-stop rantings, replays, & retorts on some of the so-called news channels? It all seemed to start with the first Iraq war & worsened from there.

By the way, what do you mean, have (they) both gone insane??
    In their defense, 9/11 was a bit of a big deal compared to this case.

It's all about RATINGS.

I heard that HLN's ratings were in the basement until NG started on the Casey Anthony case. After watching awhile last week after the verdict, I think it's a real stretch to call NG a journalist...

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    I heard that HLN's ratings were in the basement until NG started on the Casey Anthony case. After watching awhile last week after the verdict, I think it's a real stretch to call NG a journalist...
    Hey, if she ever gets canned from HLN, she could get a job writing for the supermarket tabloids! I bet National Enquirer would give her a job--it's just her style of "journalism".
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I can't stand listening to Nancy Grace... she's absolutely horrible. Shrill and opinionated with no respect for actual facts and truth. This whole focus on the Casey Anthony trial sickens me. IMHO she's guilty but the state evidently failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Can we FREAKING QUIT HEARING ABOUT IT NOW PLEASE!?!?!?!

CNN headline news used to be a great channel to get the quick "here's what's happening" without a bunch of BS commentary and political bullcrap... now they just plain suck. I hate watching any of the cable news channels now...
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If it bleeds, it leads! But the Casey Anthony story has become anemic.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    I can't stand listening to Nancy Grace... she's absolutely horrible. Shrill and opinionated with no respect for actual facts and truth.
    From Wikipedia: "Grace worked for nearly a decade in the Atlanta-Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney's office as Special Prosecutor. " Maybe, enough said.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    From Wikipedia: "Grace worked for nearly a decade in the Atlanta-Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney's office as Special Prosecutor. " Maybe, enough said.
    That doesn't mean she has respect for legal fact, respect for the court system or anything else.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    And CNN can't figure out why it has the worst ratings of all the cable news networks.

Surely they cannot be lower than the ratings for MSNBC???

Even I know better than to bother switching on MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I lump CNN in with MTV. They were both great when they started. Now they have both abandoned their core business and become just another same old same old.

I hear you on that. MTV today is nothing even remotely like what it was in the beginning.

Nancy Grace went on Bill O'Reilly's show last night to defend herself. She got pretty aggressive in attacking her critics.

Bill O'Reilly did a good job in the way he handled the interview, in my opinion.

Check it out at the link below. It includes both a written article as well as the video of the interview:

Nancy Grace - Bill O'Reilly - What Is Tot Mom | Mediaite

Last edited by SIXTO; July 12th, 2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Surely they cannot be lower than the ratings for MSNBC???

Even I know better than to bother switching on MSNBC.

Every now and then the drudge report will post ratings of the cable news networks and the primetime Fox News programs are at the top with the most viewers followed by all the primetime MSNBC shows. CNN/HDN are always at the bottom. Which when you think about it, it makes sense. Fox News is pretty much the only conservative media outlet and therefore conservative viewers will watch Fox News. Since liberal viewers have more choices on which media outlets to watch they choose the one that appeals more directly to thier point of view (MSNBC).
    Last edited by beni; July 12th, 2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Dude, how long has it taken you to figure out that Nancy Grace is a hack? And any network that would carry her is a hack? I quit watching TV for the most part a couple years ago (except for Justified, a couple sitcoms, and golf channel). I get all of my news via the net where I can pick and choose the sources and pass over the crap.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Administrator
    As long as there is brain dead dumbed down viewers to drive the ratings, this crap will continue to occupy the airwaves. Even this thread illustrates that they are successful in their venture; people are talking. That is their goal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Every now and then the drudge report will post ratings of the cable news networks and the primetime Fox News programs are at the top with the most viewers followed by all the primetime MSNBC shows. CNN/HDN are always at the bottom. Which when you think about it, it makes sense. Fox News is pretty much the only conservative media outlet and therefore conservative viewers will watch Fox News. Since liberal viewers have more choices on which media outlets to watch they choose the one that appeals more directly to thier point of view (MSNBC).

I'm really surprised by that as MSNBC is way, way out there on the far left. My goodness, they even have Al Sharpton hosting a show. He is the very definition of a hack.

But I went ahead and checked current ratings, and discovered that you are indeed right about this. MSNBC is #2 behind Fox News.

However, I also discovered that DURING THE CASEY ANTHONY TRIAL, HEADLINE NEWS ACTUALLY DID SURPASS FOX NEWS! Can you believe that?

So no wonder they focused so much on the Casey Anthony trial. It did indeed drive their ratings way, way up. Well beyond what they normally are.

Here is a current ratings page, which shows that the order of ratings has now gone back to where they used to be, prior to the Anthony Trial:

FNC Back on Top as HLN Cools Off, ‘The Five’ Premieres, ‘Ed’ Wins 10pm; Cable News Ratings for Monday, July 11, 2011 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Grace easily has the highest ratings of any news program host outside of FOX NEWS.

I had thought that Anderson Cooper had a big following, but it turns out that his numbers are quite mediocre. Here is a more detailed breakdown of ratings by news programs:

TVNewser - And Now the News...About TV News

And here is a news report from last week with more details of how HLN became the highest rated news channel while the Casey Anthony Trial was going on:

Cable Network Ranker: Week of July 4 - TVNewser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links