Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane?

This is a discussion on Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I cannot believe the news coverage on the Headline News Channel this weekend. The ENTIRE weekend has been devoted to the Casey Anthony case. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Have CNN's Headline News and Nancy Grace both Gone Insane?

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

I cannot believe the news coverage on the Headline News Channel this weekend. The ENTIRE weekend has been devoted to the Casey Anthony case. I kid you not, it is the ONLY STORY that they are covering. I can remember back when HLN first started how it was supposed to be the place to go to get the latest, breaking news. And you would get constant updates every 15 minutes. But in recent years it has devolved greatly from doing that. They basically have ignored everything else happening in the world this entire weekend other than this one news story.

Today's schedule was absolutely unbelievable when it looked at it. Astounding! From 12 noon today ( Sunday ) to Midnight tonight, a full 12 hour period, Nancy Grace is on for 11 of those hours!! LOL! My eyes about popped out when I saw that.

And just what is this madwoman talking about all day today? Why, she is TOTALLY OBSESSED with the Casey Anthony case. Besides her regular program, she has a NEW PROGRAM that she is doing called JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE.

I just cannot believe that America's news media has sunk to such low levels like this. After today, I don't think that I will ever tune in Headline News Network again . They have become nothing more than a cheap tabloid.

I guess that Nancy Grace must be pulling in viewers, or else why would CNN / Headline News do this?

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    She can't admit she was wrong on the outcome. She has been shamed and embarrassed.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I haven't been following the news recently. I also haven't been carrying a phone or going on the internet during the work week. My life has not really changed.

There were times when I was up to date on all global news, and it was cool, but I've been spending my time learning actual skills, and it has been fine as well.

But, I too, don't understand why people would watch Nancy Grace.

I'm flipping through channels and land on HLN. They were comparing pictures of principals in the Anthony trial to their celebrity look-alikes. ***!
    Nancy Grace is a hag. She cashed in on the trial, but watch the luster leave her star rather quickly.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I'm flipping through channels and land on HLN. They were comparing pictures of principals in the Anthony trial to their celebrity look-alikes. ***!

OMG, that is just so ridiculous. How can that be considered journalism? Her program is becoming a freak show.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I can't stand her and never could. I quit watching HLN and CNN long ago.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    I can't stand her and never could. I quit watching HLN and CNN long ago.
    Same here.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

If we are'nt watching her who is?
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Quote Originally Posted by borglyn View Post
    If we are'nt watching her who is?
    Chris Matthews.
    kaboomkaboom likes this.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I just cannot believe that America's news media has sunk to such low levels like this.
    They serve a certain clientele (viewing audience) well; or perhaps put a little differently, they attract viewers who feast on this stuff.

Is the incessant replay and reanalysis insane? Sure, in a way. But it is also GOOD FOR THEIR BUSINESS.

You can't sell Philly Cheese Steak at a Kolache festival.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    How much T.V. do you watch a day? Only asking because TV and movies seem to be the main subject of your threads.
    SIXTO likes this.

VIP Member
    I haven’t watch CNN since they changed their name to the clinton News Network.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    It's that need to have 'active' programming to keep the lemmings on the line. Remember 9/11 & the non-stop rantings, replays, & retorts on some of the so-called news channels? It all seemed to start with the first Iraq war & worsened from there.

By the way, what do you mean, have (they) both gone insane??
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I cannot believe the news coverage on the Headline News Channel this weekend. The ENTIRE weekend has been devoted to the Casey Anthony case. I kid you not, it is the ONLY STORY that they are covering. I can remember back when HLN first started how it was supposed to be the place to go to get the latest, breaking news. And you would get constant updates every 15 minutes. But in recent years it has devolved greatly from doing that. They basically have ignored everything else happening in the world this entire weekend other than this one news story.

Today's schedule was absolutely unbelievable when it looked at it. Astounding! From 12 noon today ( Sunday ) to Midnight tonight, a full 12 hour period, Nancy Grace is on for 11 of those hours!! LOL! My eyes about popped out when I saw that.

And just what is this madwoman talking about all day today? Why, she is TOTALLY OBSESSED with the Casey Anthony case. Besides her regular program, she has a NEW PROGRAM that she is doing called JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE.

I just cannot believe that America's news media has sunk to such low levels like this. After today, I don't think that I will ever tune in Headline News Network again . They have become nothing more than a cheap tabloid.

I guess that Nancy Grace must be pulling in viewers, or else why would CNN / Headline News do this?

CNN usually has better taste, and sometimes has kept the focus on stories that need it: Oil Spill in Gulf, Haiti Earthquake etc. But they went overboard this weekend. Nancy Grace - well, if something happens to the freed defendant or the jury-members from crazy violent reaction to trial, Nancy will be partially to blame -- there's a difference between reporting - even with a point-of-view - and pure "yellow journalism". Stoking public hatred and rage during the course of a trial for its participants by a public entertainment figure is unethical. Stop thinking of ratings and give her the pink-slip.

And CNN can't figure out why it has the worst ratings of all the cable news networks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links