Is Everyone Going to be Rooting for TEAM USA in the World Cup Finals Sunday?? -- PICS

This is a discussion on Is Everyone Going to be Rooting for TEAM USA in the World Cup Finals Sunday?? -- PICS within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Let's break down this game. Shots on goal - 31 less Shots saved - 4 less Shots scored - 2 Shots that missed the goal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Everyone Going to be Rooting for TEAM USA in the World Cup Finals Sunday?? -- PICS

VIP Member
    Let's break down this game.

Shots on goal - 31
    less Shots saved - 4
    less Shots scored - 2

Shots that missed the goal face 25 or 81%.

This is fundamentals. Sure, it was a long tournament, but the girls were not mentally prepared for this game. I suspect the prevailing thought was we could beat Japan with one leg tied behind our backs. While that may be true, you don't let the team go out thinking that. The coach's job is to ensure that we are parepared to win the game, we, obviously, were not regardless of the fact that we had the tools to so do.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Well, if you want to piss on our team, that is fine. I'm proud of them doing so well.

This was a freakish loss, and you should not be so hard on the players and the coaches.

Lance - I am not urinating on our girls. They are a very talented bunch. The fact is, however, they played poorly today and as a result, lost the tournament. I would really prefer to be able to say Japan out played us and deserved to win, but that would not be true. We beat ourselves today.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    That sucked. Heartbreaking for our girls.

The storyline was just too ripe for Japan not to win after this past year. I'm proud of the US ladies but happy for Japan and hopefully the beginning of some type of healing.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    The fact is, however, they played poorly today and as a result, lost the tournament. I would really prefer to be able to say Japan out played us and deserved to win, but that would not be true.

Your comments here are absolutely hilarious. In the first sentence you say that Team USA played poorly, and in the second sentence you say that the Japanese did not outplay us.

Dude, you cannot have it BOTH WAYS.

Again, you have been way, way too hard here in criticizing both the coaches and the players for the USA. To both an unreasonable and unfair extent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links