Just a reminder to enjoy those you love

This is a discussion on Just a reminder to enjoy those you love within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Most all of us here at DC are very interested in SD for ourselves and family. But sometimes we become so caught up in the ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 12 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Just a reminder to enjoy those you love

Most all of us here at DC are very interested in SD for ourselves and family. But sometimes we become so caught up in the dangers and just hustle and bussle of life, we fail to enjoy the things we diligently protect and care for.

This came to me tonight as the Mrs and I relaxed after dinner and sat on the back porch. As we talked in the darkness, illuminated only by a kerosene lantern, and drank a few beers. As the frogs and crickets provided the back ground music, and we conversed, I realized that this was the first time all week I had not been carrying. And it felt good. It felt good to relax and concentrate on the conversation, seeing how beautiful and intelligent she was without also trying to be aware of what is around me.

So , sometime this weekend, remember what it's all about. Decompress, lighten the load and enjoy yourself.
    Hug the kids while there still little, hell, chase the wife around the house. Enjoy life and remember all the world ain't out to getcha. Take the time to appriciate what you love and have.

Everyone have a good weekend.
    Mines about to get off to a great start.
    wmhawth, Riana, joker1 and 9 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Great post Glockman10mm. Here's wishing you a great weekend.

That is a good reminder, I find myself contemplating such things a lot these days.

I am now off of active duty, and have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. My family, and several of my friends, have made comments about how much they enjoy having the ability to see me, and they know they can see me again the next week, without me needing to fly off to base, and that they can reach me whenever they want.

Life doesn't get much better than sitting on my parent's back porch with my family and friends, just shooting the bull, and enjoying a nice meal.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

You speak the truth!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks for the reminder Glockman.
    So easy to miss what's really important in life.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks G-man, Im looking at mine right now. You are so right. Gun off the hip, decompress, and have a beer....Good advise. See you guys tomorrow. Im taking the Docs advise.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Great post. Always key to think of family and enjoy them. Not sure how you put down that new Colt but that is probably best.

Hope you enjoy your weekend and each one after this. I plan to do the same. Good news is I started it out this AM with my wife and son and took them shooting. They are getting into it a lot these days. That is a fun time for us but now time to put it all away as you state. BBQ and pool time.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Does throwing the P3at in my pocket and napping in a hammock count?

I carry the vast majority of the time. But I can't say that I'm "on" the entire time. That might drive me nuts.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I agree and add - give them a hug, tell them you love them, call that brother/sister/parent/... and say I was thinking about you and wanted to hear your voice. Do it now and not next week, you never know what the next hour will bring. I'd love to hear my Mom or Dad's voice one more time but that isn't possible.

Great advice Gman.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Sponsored Links