Where The Hell Is Our Summer? - Page 2

Where The Hell Is Our Summer?

This is a discussion on Where The Hell Is Our Summer? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Raining and in the low 70's here in Oregon too Saturday. We have had only a couple of days get over 80 so far this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where The Hell Is Our Summer?

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Raining and in the low 70's here in Oregon too Saturday. We have had only a couple of days get over 80 so far this year. So no real summer here either so far.

But tell me this: Would you really rather live in the middle of the USA, right now????????

Just look at this graphic from USA Today about how Americans in the Central USA are currently suffering:

It is really a massive area in red color that will hit 100 degrees or higher today:

I'll gladly take the mild temps and a little rain over what the folks to the east of us are currently getting.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    50 to 60 degrees is perfect.
    Absolutely right. It'll be (at least) in the high 90s up here all week. Can't wait for October.

Come on down to Oklahoma. We have been in the triple digits since mid-June. Highest so far was 108!

VIP Member
    Not only are we hot, but we are dangerously DRY.

La Nina at work huh ?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Summer is right down here in Mississippi and it seems to be working overtime!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Had a heat heat index of 108 around here last week, although its cooled down now.
    Forget the heat index, our temperatures have been hitting 106.

Gunny, you can have all of the Oklahoma summer you want. I'll trade you.

We're going to keep this up all the way through August, have one month of decent temperatures and then it's going to get frigid and rainy again.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Last year my garden had 250 tomato plants that all yieled bountifully. Planted the same amount this year and all died because of the heat and severe drought. Wanna trade?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Forget the heat index, our temperatures have been hitting 106.

Gunny, you can have all of the Oklahoma summer you want. I'll trade you.

We're going to keep this up all the way through August, have one month of decent temperatures and then it's going to get frigid and rainy again.
    BTW, I have in-laws in Tulsa (Broken Arrow) and have paid my dues putting up with your weather.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by ldmtulsa View Post
    Come on down to Oklahoma. We have been in the triple digits since mid-June. Highest so far was 108!
    You sure about that? When I went paintballing the weekend of July 4th two of us saw temperatures that were 110-112. That was out near Piedmont.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The cracks in my yard remind me of the grand canyon.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    It's been about the same here, rain for a few days then sun for one.....Gonna be a long cold winter.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    50 to 60 degrees is perfect.
    Ditto! I'll take those temps any day of the week over this blasted 90* by 9am with 80-90% humidity crap. The humidity is so thick it's like wearing a pair of tinted goggles everywhere.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links