Three abandoned female puppies. - Page 2

Three abandoned female puppies.

This is a discussion on Three abandoned female puppies. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ppkheat This morning my wife was driving to town, and about three miles away from home on the highway, she happened to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Three abandoned female puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    This morning my wife was driving to town, and about three miles away from home on the highway, she happened to see a young puppy on the side of the road. She instinctively slowed down, afraid she'd hit the puppy. The puppy started trying to catch up with her SUV, IOW following her. It broke her heart, as she knew no one lived nearby and that someone had dumped the puppy out. She also knew he'd eventually get run over on the highway.

She phoned me and told me about the puppy and asked me to check on him, maybe try to catch him and we'd bring him to the pound this week. Yeah right.

So of course I go, and drive around the area she last saw the puppy. No luck. Took a dirt road off to the side and drove down it a mile or so, turned around and on my way out the puppy was in the road with two other litter mates. Good grief.

I drove back home, got some dog food came back and found the puppies again, or better yet, they found me. So here is a picture of the three of them eating. They were HUNGRY, they reminded me of hogs eating slop.

I grabbed them up, took them home and put them in the pen I just finished using for this dog:

You think he'll make a good watch dog? (BTW he is turning into a great watch dog)

So now we have three female puppies that no one wanted. The male watch dog is particularly interested in three potential girl friends.

I guess we're going to keep them all as outside dogs. We'll take care of the neutering.

It's the right thing to do.

Hey, anyone want to participate in a group puppy giveaway?
    That's a good thing you did.

What was on the pink collar the black one was wearing?
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

mkh
    Bless you for taking them in.

As I write this my 2 year old Golden Retrieve Saddie is lounging in a chair next to me.It has become "her chair". She follows me everywhere even if I tell her to stay and that I'll be right back. She can be playing with the kids and if I leave the room she stops and follows me. The only time she is away from me is when the wife or kids are doing something with food and then she hangs around them until the food is gone.

She was a puppy that belong to neighbors down the street from us but they let here escape an roam the street. I would take her in and wait for the neighbors to get home then I would take her home. Finally I just told them that if they didn't want the dog then I we would take her (our other dog and recently died). They thanked me but declined to give her up. Two weeks later they changed their minds and our family has been blessed ever since.

I jsut don't understand how people can jsut abandon a dog like that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    What was on the pink collar the black one was wearing?
    It looked to me like an old flea collar, certainly no ID on it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

OD*
    You've done a real stand-up deed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Great work!!!!!!!!!!
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

One of the best things you can do is rescue a dog. I've got a Border Collie that we found abandoned on the side of the road a few years ago, and he turned out to be a great dog. It's a good thing you did, and I hope you can find good homes for them, if you don't wind up keeping them.

You sir, are a good man.

Can't take another one on here, But let me know if I can throw a couple bucks your way to help feed them....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Can't take another one on here, But let me know if I can throw a couple bucks your way to help feed them....
    That's really nice of you to offer, and I appreciate it, but feeding and caring for the pups won't be a burden, it'll be a pleasure. I'm sure they pups will be very capable of paying us back many times over.

Thanks again, and thanks to all of the very kind words from the other posts. I'm sure ya'll have all done something similar or would have done just what we did.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

bravo
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Spidey2011, Border Collies make great dogs anyway. My wife had one we got in 1991 while my wife was on cancer treatments. My wife named her Mandy. Mandy was my wife's four legged angel. Mandy was with my wife most of the time and was great therapy. Mandy was the smartest dog I have ever worked with. She was trained where she would sit in the yard and I would walk about 30 - 40 feet away with my back to her. I would point to one side or the other and she would come running and sit at that side, look up at me with what seemed to be a smile. We lost Mandy to old age in 2003 and still miss her.

Good job... glad you got them off the highways and byways.

When I lost one dog, I swore...... I would make the next dog a rescue dog, one that really really needed a home... in her honor.

So, then there was this dog..... skinny (only bones and skin) had been tossed out of her home... or was a runaway... and been on her own for 3-4 months last summer. So, roughly half of her short life she had been fending on her own. I took it they found the owner and they didn't want it back as they said "she had been turned out on her own by the owner ".

Ugly looking dog at first, but had what seemed a good personality. All skin and bones... I could count the bones 20 ft away.
    But, God she was ugly. I didn't say I'ld take an ugly dog. She even liked the dog I already had and they were instantly buddies. Ok, I took her home, unsure if I was nuts. Clean up and trim work needed, and did all of that. Her hair was 'terrible' shape... thinned out, brittle, etc.

Over some time she got it, and you could see the lightbulb go off one day... these people actually like me, feed me, and ... hey, they like me... I've got a home... I think this "is" home. After that, you could stand with the door wide open and you couldn't force her out of the door. No longer a runner.

Her hair came back , grew in, became healthy with the good food and grew into a beautiful coat, and she looks 1000 times different. She's actually a "good" looking dog now, not ugly anymore. And, she's the most lovable kiss up, I've ever seen and my bed buddy..... although she's taken to thinking she needs to have her nose on the edge of the pillow next to me. I looked at her and asked her the first time , 'who gave you permission to do that', at which point I got a big face lick from that long tongue of hers. Ok, I'm a sucker, she can have her nose on the corner of the pillow.

She has let it be known now as well, that she will protect her home and me too. Amazing, what some love and attention can bring out in them.

She's hugged up next to my feet right now.... stays very very close all of the time no matter where I am.

Uh, I like the one on the right in the pic.... and was thinking about another dog, too bad you are so far away.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

What kind of evil does it take to dump puppies and let them die?

You did the right thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links