Three abandoned female puppies.

This is a discussion on Three abandoned female puppies. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning my wife was driving to town, and about three miles away from home on the highway, she happened to see a young puppy ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Three abandoned female puppies.

VIP Member

This morning my wife was driving to town, and about three miles away from home on the highway, she happened to see a young puppy on the side of the road. She instinctively slowed down, afraid she'd hit the puppy. The puppy started trying to catch up with her SUV, IOW following her. It broke her heart, as she knew no one lived nearby and that someone had dumped the puppy out. She also knew he'd eventually get run over on the highway.

She phoned me and told me about the puppy and asked me to check on him, maybe try to catch him and we'd bring him to the pound this week. Yeah right.

So of course I go, and drive around the area she last saw the puppy. No luck. Took a dirt road off to the side and drove down it a mile or so, turned around and on my way out the puppy was in the road with two other litter mates. Good grief.

I drove back home, got some dog food came back and found the puppies again, or better yet, they found me. So here is a picture of the three of them eating. They were HUNGRY, they reminded me of hogs eating slop.

I grabbed them up, took them home and put them in the pen I just finished using for this dog:

You think he'll make a good watch dog? (BTW he is turning into a great watch dog)

So now we have three female puppies that no one wanted. The male watch dog is particularly interested in three potential girl friends.

I guess we're going to keep them all as outside dogs. We'll take care of the neutering.

It's the right thing to do.

Hey, anyone want to participate in a group puppy giveaway?
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sweet.
    S&W 640-3

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Damn straight.

Nicely done.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Can't really tell from the pic...the one on the left looks like it's part Lab.

If I were CONUS....I could use another dog.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Dogs that need your help sometimes make the best friends! I was at work a few years ago and picked up this Lab on the side of the road. Guessing he was 8-10 wks old at the time. Checked around the country a bit and couldn't find anyone missing him. Such a mellow dog, unbelievable. Took him back to work with me and at that age, he laid under the desk and didn't move as long as he could have his paw on my boot. He was my dog for about 4 hours, then I brought him home...

Now he is officially my wife's! I swear this dog is NEVER more than 15' away from her at any time (even when she sleeps). Now that he's about 3 years old he has really become her protector. I guess he's returning the favor for me picking him up and giving him a chance. I know one thing, this Lab is the most gentle, friendly dog, but just let him think you have bad intentions and you WILL have your hands full.

Always give them a chance, our family grew that day in a great way!
    101_2013.jpg

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    be good to Larry, Moe & Curly and they'll return it 10x.

well done.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I guess we're going to keep them all as outside dogs. We'll take care of the neutering.

The right thing to do and you're a good guy for doing it. Thanks for saving these little pups.
    joker1 likes this.

You've got some lifetime friends!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Larry, Moe, and Curly for females? Piper, Pru, and Phoebe, the Charmed ones. They are charming little ladies. I have heard it said that those who take care of God's unfortunate creatures hold a special place in Heaven. If this is true you will have a very special place waiting for you. Well done.
    Justified likes this.

Who in the hell could abandon those dogs like that,I just adopted a lab/mix think shes part greyhound,that is the sweetest thing,I'm sur if they ran an add with a pic somebody would have taken them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Regarding names for the puppies:
    My Dad had a funny story he used to tell. He said that back in the 1930's he remembers a local family that had three daughters, the three daughters had nicknames. Their nicknames were Poop, Shoot, and Dawg.

Anytime he'd tell that story we'd howl with laughter, especially if he had someone new in his audience. I've often wondered how well those nicknames held up in the "social scene" at the time. Can you imagine some guy saying to the father, "Uh Mr. Smith, if it's alright with you, I'd like to take Poop out to the movies?" Frankly, with names like that, I'd be afraid to ask any of them out on a date.

Anyway, I'm thinking about naming these three daughters............you guessed it............Poop, Shoot, and Dawg.

My Dad passed away about a year ago, I'd like to think he's laughing right now.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    You're a good man and those are some cute little ladies.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poleclimber9 View Post
    Dogs that need your help sometimes make the best friends! I was at work a few years ago and picked up this Lab on the side of the road. Guessing he was 8-10 wks old at the time. Checked around the country a bit and couldn't find anyone missing him. Such a mellow dog, unbelievable. Took him back to work with me and at that age, he laid under the desk and didn't move as long as he could have his paw on my boot. He was my dog for about 4 hours, then I brought him home...

Now he is officially my wife's! I swear this dog is NEVER more than 15' away from her at any time (even when she sleeps). Now that he's about 3 years old he has really become her protector. I guess he's returning the favor for me picking him up and giving him a chance. I know one thing, this Lab is the most gentle, friendly dog, but just let him think you have bad intentions and you WILL have your hands full.

Always give them a chance, our family grew that day in a great way!
    101_2013.jpg
    He's a handsome boy! He's lucky he found you and your wife.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Administrator
    Thats awesome. I always admire those who are kind to dogs.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Take them home, love them, and give them a home; you will have no better friend, nor stronger love than that of a rescued dog.

Even if they don't know that they know it, they know what you did for them, and will love you for it forever.

-------------------------------------
    Congratulations, and good job. Yet again. I'm getting from this that you're a really great person, or you're trying to make up for something horrible.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links