Survived Home Invasion This Weekend

This is a discussion on Survived Home Invasion This Weekend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The peppermint oil is readily available at a number of places. We get ours from a local health food store. I mix 1 part oil ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Survived Home Invasion This Weekend

VIP Member
    The peppermint oil is readily available at a number of places. We get ours from a local health food store.

I mix 1 part oil to 3 parts water and shake it up in a spray bottle.

We have a dog, but I won't let her near anywhere we use the stuff.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    10KT airburst, followed up with nerve gas and heavy infantry with air cover.

It is the only way to be sure.
    I like how you think. Reminds me of the screne in Platoon where Dale Dye's character calls in airstrikes on his own position. Great movie.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know about the peppermint oil. I've been putting down boric acid powder to try to keep out the roaches that seem to want in. They seem to really try to come in after a big downpour here in FL. I guess they get dug up from outside then decide it's cool if they crash in my place.

I believe peppermint oil is toxic to pets though, no? I don't own any though so I guess I am ok there.

My pest issues seem to go back and forth between ants and roaches. Spiders once in a while as well. I don't know what kind of ants I get, but they're the big ones. Sometimes they have wings, but usually, they're just the big type of ant. I think they might be carpenter ants. Sometimes I'll find baseboards that have been eaten away. I hope they're not eating the frame.

Two days ago I got up from my computer chair only to find a dead roach. I SAT ON A ROACH. I was kind of grossed out.

I hate roaches.
    Paul - you described the damage done by carpenter ants and those ants may be more of a symptom of a deeper problem - termites. Carpenter ants usually show up for a) dead or decaying wood and/or b) subterranean termites - a chief source of protein for the carpenter ant. I lived in central Florida for 22 years (Orange & Seminole counties) and pest control is my business. Just something to get checked out....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Terminix. Haven't seen an ant in months! Though the peppermint oil is for sure cheaper. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links