A Huge Centipede Fighting A Snake

This is a discussion on A Huge Centipede Fighting A Snake within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A Huge Centipede Fighting A Snake ‪A Huge Centipede Fighting A Snake‬‏ - YouTube...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By tcox4freedom
  • 1 Post By tkruf

Thread: A Huge Centipede Fighting A Snake

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I remember coming across some pretty big centipedes in Iraq. Nothing that big, but damn those things creep me out.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I didn't know they got that big and I surely didn't know that one could eat a snake!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    To me, centepeds fall in the same catagory as spiders. A "dead" one is the best way to appreciate them.
    Justified, thephanatik and tkruf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    To me, centepeds fall in the same catagory as spiders. A "dead" one is the best way to appreciate them.
    Exactly!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I HATE centepeds! The ones that come in your house freak me out. You kill them and all their seperated body parts keep moving around and they are venomous. I can't talk about this any more :barf:
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Centipede's make my skin crawl. Worse than spiders in my book.
    Justified likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I live in a wooded lot and we had a few of these get in our house a few years ago. At the time we had a exterminator that sprayed our house once a month so I captured one and the guy had no clue what it was!! I knew it was a centipede because I did a search on the web and found it. I was asleep one night and felt something in my ear! Thought I was dreaming at first until it bit me in the ear! I jumped out of bed and hit the lights and there it was in the floor crawling around so I put the stomp on it. They have venom about he same amount as a wasp. I have just about eliminated all of them but occasionally I'll see one. They hunt down spiders at night and I have never saw one in the daytime. I use probably 20 cans of fogger every year and rarely ever see a spider but these things are hard to get rid of. They are about the creepiest thing I have ever seen.
    ~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Bob View Post
    I live in a wooded lot and we had a few of these get in our house a few years ago. At the time we had a exterminator that sprayed our house once a month so I captured one and the guy had no clue what it was!! I knew it was a centipede because I did a search on the web and found it. I was asleep one night and felt something in my ear! Thought I was dreaming at first until it bit me in the ear! I jumped out of bed and hit the lights and there it was in the floor crawling around so I put the stomp on it. They have venom about he same amount as a wasp. I have just about eliminated all of them but occasionally I'll see one. They hunt down spiders at night and I have never saw one in the daytime. I use probably 20 cans of fogger every year and rarely ever see a spider but these things are hard to get rid of. They are about the creepiest thing I have ever seen.
    I just threw up a little in my mouth! In your ear?! I have had one bite my leg, they suck! I did some research as well they can live a long time and can get pretty large. I would take spiders any day over these guys, nothing kills them.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I've heard multiple stories from multiple folks about the dangerous wildlife in Vietnam. Basically, if the enemy wasn't trying to kill them, critters in the jungle were. I imagine this is one of the many things out Vets had to put up with.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Bob View Post
    That's gross. Did you get sick from the bite? Glad you caught the thing before it went all the way in your ear!

That's like my worst nightmares! Reminds me of that scene in Indiana Jones.

Sponsored Links