Benchmade 4501 Prestigedge vs. Wusthof Classic

This is a discussion on Benchmade 4501 Prestigedge vs. Wusthof Classic within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was browsing around on the Benchmade site tonight and noticed that their product line has extensively increased since I last viewed it about a ...

Thread: Benchmade 4501 Prestigedge vs. Wusthof Classic

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

I was browsing around on the Benchmade site tonight and noticed that their product line has extensively increased since I last viewed it about a year ago. I noticed that they are selling kitchen knives now.

For the cooking knife aficionados out there, is there anyone that can give me an idea at how the Benchmade 4501 Prestiedge (4501 Prestigedges® Kitchen Set | Benchmade) knives compare to the Wusthof Classic (Wuesthof - CLASSIC) knives.

As far as stocking your kitchen with a complete set of knives, Wusthof will have this hands down given their readily available selection. What about, however, how the knives stack up against one another quality wise? I don't doubt that Benchmade makes a quality product and given that Wusthof is arguably the standard, is there anyone that has experience with both and can give a brief summary on how they compare?

As far as Google shopping goes, it looks like you can get a Wusthof 7 piece blockset for $299 and a 3 piece Benchmade set goes for $425. The Benchmade knives come in a wooden case as opposed to coming with a wooden block.

There's quite a bit of a price discrepancy between the two. I'm guessing Benchmade will increase their line and offer more knives in different sizes and shapes as their line progresses but for now, with only three knives in their line up, it is quite limited.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    No replies? Really??

Links