I guess they weren't that anonymous...

This is a discussion on I guess they weren't that anonymous... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source: At least 14 arrested in operation targeting Anonymous New York (CNN) -- At least 14 people have been arrested as part of an ongoing ...

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

Source: At least 14 arrested in operation targeting Anonymous
    New York (CNN) -- At least 14 people have been arrested as part of an ongoing operation targeting the notorious hacking collective known as Anonymous, a federal government official said Tuesday.

Source: At least 14 arrested in operation targeting Anonymous - CNN.com
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Most of the time they will find you if they want to bad enough.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If your online, you have an IP. There are tricks around it, but some of the people are really good.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The ones they caught were probably just script kiddies who were excited by the thought of 'fighting the man' and not getting caught. They're not the 'leaders' of the collective, if such a person really exists. These are probably kids who used pre-made scripts to send out a crap-ton of traffic from their home or school computers and bragged to their friends about doing it. They aren't the professional hacker/coders who hide behind a dozen proxies and use botnets to do their work for them.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    They just need Abby and McGee at NCIS to get to work on tracking the big fish.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    They just need Abby and McGee at NCIS to get to work on tracking the big fish.
    Reminded me of this:
    8 Scenes That Prove Hollywood Doesn't Get Technology | Cracked.com
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

All those parents basements ransacked

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    The ones they caught were probably just script kiddies who were excited by the thought of 'fighting the man' and not getting caught. They're not the 'leaders' of the collective, if such a person really exists. These are probably kids who used pre-made scripts to send out a crap-ton of traffic from their home or school computers and bragged to their friends about doing it. They aren't the professional hacker/coders who hide behind a dozen proxies and use botnets to do their work for them.
    This. These are definitely not the higher ups. They called for all hackers to join their cause not too long ago. I'm betting these are just a few of the idiots that fell for that.

Links