Accumulating as the years go by...

This is a discussion on Accumulating as the years go by... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; it is too hot by me for much outdoors so i was re-putting things away. i don't know that many gun aficionados tend to be ...

Thread: Accumulating as the years go by...

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar

Accumulating as the years go by...

it is too hot by me for much outdoors so i was re-putting things away. i don't know that many gun aficionados tend to be neat freaks--i settle for kinda organized.
    as in - i know this was last seen behind the.....
    well, every so often though stuff just gets piled here & there and well, needs putting away. so this time i went by 'types by usage' rather than just what fits where.

near 50 years of getting with little selling or trading adds up...happily.

so there are the cowboy guns--a brace each of vaquero 45's and 32's
    stage coach SxS and a 1895 pump.....carbines and longer shooters, derringers and....

1950's revolvers and some older turn of the century 38 S&W's hidden behind the 32-20's
    and about 15 years ago i was hot on 32's 1st models. than they were in VG+ condition and priced low

after lunch I'm going to the basement for the mil-serps; open the locked room and go exploring.

-------------------

how is it with you guys?
    some start with SD type items and than see something interesting...what is it that catches your eye?
    do we have accumulators, collectors ( can you say what kinds and why please?)
    some starting out--what would you be liking to have soon? and for later?
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

2. Remove Ads

I just used mygundb to add everything I had and get a compete running inventory ( that I have done over the past two days) I am amazed..... I need to call my insurance company and up the rider.

I collect for self defense purposes, hunting purposes, and must have classic purposes.

However as I get older, I realize i don't want to be old with a huge weapon collection. I am pruning down to a more quality collection so I can sell what I have and enjoy and use the weapons I own. If I am not using it, I am selling it. I have my hunting rotation, my self defense rotation, and my hand me down heirlooms..... other than that, I am cleaning out the safes because there are a whole bunch more I would like to own but never got around to it. Time to trade, and sell to acquire new experiences.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    ... However as I get older, I realize i don't want to be old with a huge weapon collection. ...
    Not me. I hope to grow old with a massive collection that third world countries could be envious of. Maybe they can name an armory after me when I die.

Links