Camera lense advice - Page 2

Camera lense advice

This is a discussion on Camera lense advice within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah I've done a few vids on it but haven't looked at the space used. I'm glad to see a Nikon user saw the light ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera lense advice

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Yeah I've done a few vids on it but haven't looked at the space used.

I'm glad to see a Nikon user saw the light and got a real camera. :)
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I'm glad to see a Nikon user saw the light and got a real camera. :)
    Well, Nikon does not make camcorders, so it would be difficult to buy a camcorder from them. I tried the top consumer camcorders from Panasonic and Sony too. At least on the consumer side, Canon has the edge with this new camcorder, in my opinion.

I eventually want to get a professional grade camcorder too, though. I might go Sony for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Well, Nikon does not make camcorders, so it would be difficult to buy a camcorder from them. I tried the top consumer camcorders from Panasonic and Sony too. At least on the consumer side, Canon has the edge with this new camcorder, in my opinion.

I eventually want to get a professional grade camcorder too, though. I might go Sony for that.

No but their newest SLR is suppose to be able to shoot HD video. Just picked up a Olympus E 30 with a couple of lenses, still have my E 10 and the 30 is a definite step up, faster record, faster boot, faster focus, and the two lenses I picked up (same brand) so far have been very good.

Only down side is image size, I normally shoot just under raw data mode (for highest image quality), and it is very easy to take 4 g of photos in a very short period of time (camera has 64 G of memory on board with more in the bag)...

Which brings up the where to keep them question. Did just a tad over 200 photos for a friends wedding and it took most of a 4 geg thumbnail to put them on. So CD's are no long usable if you have very many shots to store, for now I am using am external TB drive as my primary media.

BOT lenses, a good wide angle for tight spaces, 18 to something (44 for me) and a 40-150 for intermediate gets me thought most situations, but I'm thinking I want something 150+ out to the 500 range... My old 35 mm equipment will not work on this new stuff.... Nikon use to be the top dog in that field, (back in the old days of film) So you guys got any suggestions?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    No but their newest SLR is suppose to be able to shoot HD video. Just picked up a Olympus E 30 with a couple of lenses, still have my E 10 and the 30 is a definite step up, faster record, faster boot, faster focus, and the two lenses I picked up (same brand) so far have been very good.

Only down side is image size, I normally shoot just under raw data mode (for highest image quality), and it is very easy to take 4 g of photos in a very short period of time (camera has 64 G of memory on board with more in the bag)...

Which brings up the where to keep them question. Did just a tad over 200 photos for a friends wedding and it took most of a 4 geg thumbnail to put them on. So CD's are no long usable if you have very many shots to store, for now I am using am external TB drive as my primary media.

BOT lenses, a good wide angle for tight spaces, 18 to something (44 for me) and a 40-150 for intermediate gets me thought most situations, but I'm thinking I want something 150+ out to the 500 range... My old 35 mm equipment will not work on this new stuff.... Nikon use to be the top dog in that field, (back in the old days of film) So you guys got any suggestions?
    My 60d does full 1080p HD video. Does Nikon not have that?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

So you guys got any suggestions?
    Upgrade to a DVD+-R/W drive. They are dirt cheap now, and cost less than $30.

With single-sided, single-layer disks, you can store 4.7 Gigs. With double-sided, single-layer, you can actually fit 9.4 Gigs.

Blue Ray R/W drives record even more. With single layer: 23.28 Gigs With double layer: 46.57 Gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Upgrade to a DVD+-R/W drive. They are dirt cheap now, and cost less than $30.

With single-sided, single-layer disks, you can store 4.7 Gigs. With double-sided, single-layer, you can actually fit 9.4 Gigs.

Blue Ray R/W drives record even more. With single layer: 23.28 Gigs With double layer: 46.57 Gigs.

Been looking at blue ray R/W drives but one huge caveat, it takes forever to burn that much data to one of those things, Thumbnails are faster, and the TB drive faster yet, that and they claim that CD type storage media is not permanent aka they will one day deteroiate... So for storage what ever turns your crank,
    Had a chat with the old camera guru today he said one word for the lens world, one that I had almost forgotten, VIVITAR....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Got a Cannon T2i and love it got the 55 250 lens and the in box lens and I tell you I couldnt be happier with the shots it has allowed me to take.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Been looking at blue ray R/W drives but one huge caveat, it takes forever to burn that much data to one of those things, Thumbnails are faster, and the TB drive faster yet, that and they claim that CD type storage media is not permanent aka they will one day deteroiate... So for storage what ever turns your crank,
    Had a chat with the old camera guru today he said one word for the lens world, one that I had almost forgotten, VIVITAR....
    There are fast DVD-RW drives. Liteon and Samsung have ones that write at 20x speed, which is twice as fast as what most Blue Ray RW drives write at. Although there are now some 12x Blue Ray RW drives on the market now.

Another option is to upgrade to USB 3.0, and get an external USB 3.0 hard drive. Saw a WD 3 TB USB 3.0 external disk drive on sale at Costco recently for only $149.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links