Amy Winehouse

This is a discussion on Amy Winehouse within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; yeah, yeah...she was a mess. A lot of great musicians and creative people are terrible at life. It's been that way for as long as ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse

yeah, yeah...she was a mess.
    A lot of great musicians and creative people are terrible at life.
    It's been that way for as long as recording has existed, back since the birth of written music, and I'm guessing back since the dawn of mankind. It's always gonna be a reality, long after we're all dead. Luckily, she's left behind some great music...give her "non-radio" stuff a chance. It's not bad. Keep in mind, there is a good chance that quite a few of your favorite songs, books, or works of art were created, written, or recorded by drug using people who struggled to keep it together.

I'm just sad the croc. hunter, Steve Irwin, who we all expected to get eaten by a lion or great white shark got taken out by a stingray. That dude deserved better.
    Last edited by pocketgroove; July 23rd, 2011 at 08:13 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I think it was the great philosopher Danny Bonaduce who said, "Why do people act surprised when a drug addict dies from a drug overdose"?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Some people are "cutters" they use razor blades and slash themselves to let out the inner pain,something about the actual physical pain they feel takes their minds off the emotional pain.
    What causes the sores is after you have been using for awhile and been up for awhile you start feeling like you have pimples under your skin and start picking at them which is what you see when you see somebody that has sores and scabs all over their faces arms and legs,you almost become obsessed with scratching at them.

An addict ,any addict can stop using drugs,lose the desire to use and find a new way to live
    NA's message is HOPE,their promise is FREEDOM from active addiction,I know clean date 7/11/1991
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post

I wonder what drugs Keith has taken?

You know that they are inventing new drugs every day so keith will have something new to try.

I understand you can get a contact buzz just from being in the same zip-code as him.

When he dies... IF he ever dies... There will be Hazmat Teams working to ensure that he will not pollute the ground water and the EPA will be supervising his burial.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

A little compassion, it could have been your daughter or sister.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Hey, I'm 50 and I think I look better than her. And I'm a guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    There aren't too many average 50 year old people that even come remotely close to looking that bad.
    I am just a few months shy of the 50, what was I thinking....
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

My wife and I were traveling and it came on the TV in our restaurant. I said "is anybody really surprised?" One less drug addicted star to take up my air. Hope she has a better afterlife.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    If my daughter or sister would have had the issues she had it would have been tough love after the first time or five in treatment...
    There comes a point where you have to "let go, let God." and her time was long ago.

She needed to make a conscious decision to make a change & she refused to do so. Part of her issue was that she hung around with junkies knowing that she needed to kick. Recovering alcoholics tend to avoid hangin out in bars if they want to stay sober. The girl was LIVING in an area known for readily accessible drugs.... It was just a matter of time.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I didn't know Amy Winehouse or listen to her music, but I hate that she died. Too much of that happens..Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain, Morrison, Presley, it just goes on and on. You start out playing music because you enjoy it..you write, you're creative, you're having fun. Then others discover your work and you become popular. What you did for fun becomes a job and your job supports dozens or hundreds of other people. The demands on your life now come from all directions. You aren't having fun anymore but people still demand that you perform, create, and provide the income that supports them. Drugs become your escape from a reality that has turned into a living hell. It wasn't supposed to be like this. You just played music and wrote songs to please yourself and entertain a few friends. Somewhere it got out of control and you along with it. It's just such a shame. It wasn't supposed to be like that...when you first began singing and writing songs.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post

That is a good point to raise. Where were her parents and her brother?

Could they not stop this self-destruction?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    No surprise at all about her death. It was just a matter of when and how. May she rest in peace!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Well she said No to rehab, now she can say hello to Anna Nichole Smith, Big John Belushi, Jimmi & Janis et al.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm shocked....

Me either,only because i never heard of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    They only thing I got to say is.... I don't give a rats ass.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links