Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse

This is a discussion on Amy Winehouse within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Opened my web browser today & this was a top news headline on yahoo. 27 year old singer found dead.... I can not say I ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse

Opened my web browser today & this was a top news headline on yahoo. 27 year old singer found dead....

I can not say I am shocked or even slightly surprised.

A few quotes from now dead musicians:

Rick James said: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
    Dee Dee Ramone: "When you're hooked on heroin, don't you know you'll never win."
    Kurt Cobain: "Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. "

Do we see a trend here?

People who use synthetics (Cocaine, Heroin, Crack...) tend to make negative headlines.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

No surprise there. She was a mess but she was a very talented girl. What a shame and a waste.

sucks...

I actually like her music a lot. The neo-motown vibe is pretty popular now and she was one of the first to try and bring back that sound.

I was tired of seeing her in the news all the time for drugs. Its like, she uses...there is no shock there anymore. She's back in rehab? What a surprise. Stop reporting on it. Anyhow, Rest in peace.

VIP Member
    Big deal. This was about as much of a surprise as the sun rising in the East.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    27 use to be a tough age to get past....ask Hendrix, Morrison, PigPen

It's artistic and old school, and you know I'm all about the old school.

Administrator
    They only thing I got to say is.... I don't give a rats ass.
    jwhite75 and l1a1 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You play with Fire. You'll get Burnt
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Senior Moderator
    I think I'm going to have a heart attack I'm SOO surprised. (please tell me you can hear the sarcasm in that.)

I'm amazed only that we haven't seen these headlines four years ago.

And to think I have actually been TEASED for having never once tried any type of controlled substance or drug outside of a doctor's prescription and in perfect recognition of doses and restrictions.

I have never seen the appeal to even TRY drugs. They never lead anywhere good.

I dont even know who she is...Why did I open this thread...

Update, did a google search.. I still dont know who she is...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    She barely survived a cocaine and Ecstasy overdose a few weeks ago. Besides drug addiction, she suffered from alcoholism, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anorexia.

Did Stardom kill Amy Winehouse? Below on the left is a photo of her in 2004, taken just after she released her first album. She was fit, healthy, and not a single tattoo on her body. The photo on the right was taken just 3 years later, in 2007. Does she even look like a 23 yr old in the second photo?

She was only 27 years old. She had to cancel her last concert tour earlier this year, as she was so stoned at the first concert that she slurred all the words to her songs, and could not even remember her lines.

Her favorite drug was said to have been crack cocaine.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I dont even know who she is...Why did I open this thread...

Update, did a google search.. I still dont know who she is...

Her second album was a huge hit, and won her a total of 5 Grammy Awards in 2008. She was considered to be an extremely gifted and talented singer.

However, after achieving such huge success at such a very young age, her life quickly turned into a nightmarish disaster, filled with drug addiction, alcoholism, self-mutilation, and anorexia.

JAILS,INSTITUTIONS,AND DEATH...The three things an addict can look forward to,or recovery if and when they hit their bottom.I'm sure she had many enablers that only cared how much money she could make for them,I'll say a pray for the addicts that will die tonight in active addiction never having a chance at finding recovery.
    We all know a friend or family member that is caught in the hell of Alcoholism or Drug Addiction,and all we want is for them to find recovery and a new way to live without drugs in any form
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    She barely survived a cocaine and Ecstasy overdose a few weeks ago. Besides drug addiction, she suffered from alcoholism, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anorexia.

Did Stardom kill Amy Winehouse? Below on the left is a photo of her in 2004, taken just after she released her first album. She was fit, healthy, and not a single tattoo on her body. The photo on the right was taken just 3 years later, in 2007. Does she even look like a 23 yr old in the second photo?

She was only 27 years old. She had to cancel her last concert tour earlier this year, as she was so stoned at the first concert that she slurred all the words to her songs, and could not even remember her lines.

Her favorite drug was said to have been crack cocaine.

Tats to hide the needle tracks?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links